Table of Contents
List of abbreviations.
List of contributors.
1. Bioremediation of compounds hazardous to health and the environment: an overview (R. Brigmon, D. Camper, F. Stutzenberger).
2. Microbial degradation of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in the environment (W.-R. Abraham).
3. Biodegradation of fuel oils and lubricants: soil and water bioremediation options (S. Wilkinson, S. Nicklin, J.L. Faull).
4. Bioremediation technology for environmental protection through bioconversion of agro-industrial wastes (T.N. Lakhanpal).
5. Enzymatic transformations of xenobiotics of health and environmental concern (V.P. Singh).
6. Microbial degradation of chlorobenzoates (CBAs): biochemical aspects and ecological implications (G. Baggi).
7. Microbial degradation of insecticides: an assessment for its use in bioremediation (D.K. Singh).
8. Microbial variables for bioremediation of heavy metals from industrial effluents (R. Gupta, R.K. Saxena, H. Mohapatra, P. Ahuja).
9. Lactic acid bacteria in winemaking: influence on sensorial and hygienic quality (A. Lonvaud-Funel).
10. Microbial transformation of aflatoxins (T. Shantha, M. Archana).
11. Biotransformations of tannery wastes (V.P. Singh).
12. Oxidation of organic and inorganic sulfur compounds by aerobic heterotrophic marine bacteria (J.M. González, et al.).
13. Lignin degradation by bacteria (A.P. Iyer, A. Mahadevan).
14. Microbial bioremediation of textile effluents (R.S. Upadhyay).
15. Biodegradation of diaryl esters: bacterial and fungal catabolism of phenylbenzoate and some of its derivatives (S. Schmidt).
16. Degradation of natural rubber products by Nocardia species (A. Tsuchii, Y. Tokiwa).
17. Sewage treatment systems: microbiological aspects (V.P. Singh, K. Bhatnagar).
18. Electro-physical properties of microbial cells during the aerobic metabolism of toxic compounds (O.V. Ignatov, S. Yu. Shchyogolev, V.D. Bunin, V.V. Ignatov).
19. Microbial degradation of sulfur compounds present in coal and petroleum (B.K. Gogoi, R.L. Bezbaruah).
20. Algae-dependent bioremediation of hazardous wastes (I. Kaur, A.K. Bhatnagar).
21. Some physiological characteristics of saprotrophic and ectomycorrhizal fungi producing sporophores on the urea-treated forest floor (T. Yamanaka).
22. Bioremediation of contaminated water bodies (B.K. Singh, V.P. Singh, M.N. Singh).
23. Biotransformations and biodegradation in extreme environments (A.V. Palumbo, et al.).
24. Bioremediation of hazardous ethylenebisdithiocarbamate (EBDC) fungicides (D.K. Singh).
- No. of pages: 634
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2002
- Published: March 13, 2002
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080528205
About the Editors
R.D. Stapleton, Jr.
Affiliations and Expertise
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Biotransformations: Bioremediation Technology for Health and Environmental Protection"