Biotechnology for Sustainable Agriculture is an outstanding collection of current research that integrates basic and advanced concepts of Agricultural Biotechnology with future development prospects. Using biotechnology with sustainable agriculture effectively contributes to gains in agricultural productivity, enhanced food security, reduced poverty and malnutrition and ecologically more sustainable means of food production.
Written by a panel of experts, Biotechnology for Sustainable Agriculture is unique in its coverage of the range of topics in the broad area of biotechnology for sustainable agriculture, which is unavailable in any other single resource. This book will enable the development of solutions to the challenges of sustainable agriculture by providing foundational information on current innovative biotechnologies, such as recombinant DNA technology and genetic engineering.
- Identifies and explores biotechnological tools to enhance sustainability
- Encompasses plant and microbial biotechnology, nanotechnology, and genetic engineering
- Focuses on plant biotechnology and crop improvement to increase yield and resilience
- Summarizes impact of climate change on agriculture, fisheries, and livestock
Scientists, researchers, students educators and professionals in sustainable agriculture, agriculture and biotechnology science
2. Biotechnology for Sustainable Agriculture: an overview
3. Biotechnological tools to enhance sustainable production.
4. Sustainable agriculture and food security
5. Plant biotechnology and crop improvement
6. Transgenic Animals production
7. Microbial biotechnology and sustainable agriculture.
8. Impact of climate change on agriculture and food security
9. Impact of climate change on livestock production
10. Impact of Climate change on fisheries
11. Nanotechnology and its implication in Agricultural Biotechnology
12. Genetic Engineering and public perception
13. The way ahead
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 1st October 2017
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
ICAR-National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Bangalore, India