Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Bioremediation for Environmental Sustainability: Approaches to Tackle Pollution for Cleaner and Greener Society discusses many recently developed and successfully applied bio/phytoremediation technologies for pollution control and minimization, which are lacking more comprehensive coverage in previous books. This book describes the scope and applications of bio/phytoremediation technologies and especially focuses on the associated eco-environmental concerns, field studies, sustainability issues, and future prospects. The book also examines the feasibility of environmentally friendly and sustainable bio/phytoremediation technologies to remediate contaminated sites, as well as future directions in the field of bioremediation for environmental sustainability.
- Illustrates the importance of microbes and plants in bio/phytoremediation and wastewater treatment
- Includes chapters on original research outcomes pertaining to pollution, pollution abatement, and associated bioremediation technologies
- Covers emerging bioremediation technologies, including electro-bioremediation, microbial fuel cell, nano-bioremediation, constructed wetlands, and more
- Highlights key developments and challenges in bioremediation and phytoremediation technologies
- Describes the roles of relatively new approaches in bio/phytoremediation, including molecular engineering and omics technologies, microbial enzymes, biosurfactants, plant-microbe interactions, genetically engineered organisms, and more
Researchers, Chemical/Environmental Engineers, Environmental Health and Risk Scientists, Environmental Chemists and Scientists, Environmentalists, Microbiologists and Biotechnologists, Waste Treatment Engineers
1. Bioremediation Approaches for Crude and Diesel Oil
2. Recent Advances in Phytoremediation of Heavy Metals-Contaminated Soils: A Review
3. Application of Constructed Wetlands in Degradation and Detoxification of Industrial Effluents: Challenges and Prospects
4. Nano-Bioremediation of Environmental Contaminants: Applications, Challenges and Prospects
5. Biogenic Nanoparticles and Their Applications in Water and Wastewater Treatment
6. Phycoremediation of Heavy Metals from Industrial Wastewaters: Challenges and Future Prospects
7. Clean-Green Technologies for Removal of Emerging Contaminants from Industrial Effluents
8. Applications of Electro-Bioremediation Technology in Remediation of Organic and Inorganic Contaminants: Challenges and Prospects
9. Applications of Microbial Fuel Cell (MFC) Technology in Wastewater Treatment and Electricity Generation
10. Role of Plant-Microbe Interactions in Bio/Phytoremediation of Environmental Contaminants: Challenges and Future Prospects
11. Applications of Metagenomics Approaches in Bioremediation and Wastewater Treatment
12. Applications of Biochar in Sustainable Phytoremediation of Environmental Contaminants
13. Applications of Biosorbents for Heavy Metal Removal from Industrial Effluents
14. Applications of Microbial Laccases in Bioremediation of Environmental Pollutants: Challenges and Prospects
15. Bacteria-Assisted phytoremediation of Heavy Metals and Organic Pollutants: Challenges and Future Prospects
16. Applications of Bioreactor in Industrial Effluent Treatment: Challenges and Future Prospects
17. Combined Biological and Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOPs) for Industrial Effluent Treatment: Opportunities and Challenges
18. Phytocapping: An Emerging Phytoremediation Strategy for Pollution Control and Prevention
19. Applications of Genetically Engineered Plants (GEPs) in Phytoremediation of Heavy Metals and Organic Pollutants: Challenges and Future Prospects
20. Phytoaugmentation Technology for Phytoremediation of Environmental Pollutants: Opportunities, Challenges and Future Prospects
21. Opportunities and Challenges of Utilizing Energy Crops in Phytoremediation of Environmental Pollutants: A Review
22. Rhizoremediation of Organic and Inorganic Pollutants: Advances and Challenges
23. Applications of Bioinformatics and Computational Tools in Bioremediation
24. Phytorid Technology: A Sustainable Phytoremediation Technology for Wastewater Treatment
25. Field Experiences of Bioremediation and Phytoremediation: Reality and Future Prospects
26. Concluding Remarks and Way Forward
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st October 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Vineet Kumar is engaged in understanding the role and mechanism of rhizospheric bacterial communities in the degradation and detoxification of organic and inorganic pollutants in industrial wastewater. He has been qualified (2013) National Eligibility Test (NET) and awarded merit certificate by Honourable Vice Chancellor of Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow and “Young Scientist Award-2018” by Agro-Environmental Development Society (AEDS), India. He is the editor of one book “Phytoremediation of Environmental Pollutants” (CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group), USA. He has published many scientific papers, chapters, and popular science articles in several international and national scientific journals, proceedings, books, and magazines. He has been also served as a potential reviewer for various scientific journals and book proposals from Springer and Elsevier in his research areas. He has been presented his research works in various national and international con-ferences. He is a life member of several scientific societies including; The Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI), The Biotech Research Society (BRSI), India and Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), India
Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology Laboratory, School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Dr. Gaurav Saxena is an active researcher in the area of Biodegradation and Bioremediation and currently, engaged in developing eco-friendly treatment solutions for hazardous wastewaters/contaminated sites. He has been qualified (2013) National Eligibility Test (NET) and awarded honorary “Young Environmentalist Award-2018” by Agro-Environmental Development Society (AEDS), India. He is the editor of three books entitled “Bioremediation of Industrial Pollutants” (Write and Print Publication, New Delhi-India), “Bioremediation of Industrial Waste for Environmental Safety: Industrial Waste and Its Management (Volume I) (Springer Nature, Singapore)” and “Bioremediation of Industrial Waste for Environmental Safety: Biological Agents and Industrial Waste Management (Volume II) (Springer Nature, Singapore)”. He is also on the editorial board of Frontiers in Microbiology and Frontiers in Environmental Science and serving as a “Review Editor”. He has published many scientific papers, book reviews, and chapters, popular science articles in several international and national scientific journals, proceedings, books, and magazines. He has been also served as a potential reviewer for various scientific journals in his research areas.
Laboratory for Bioremediation and Metagenomics Research (LBMR), Department of Environmental Microbiology (DEM), Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar (Central) University, Lucknow, India
Maulin P. Shah, currently Chief Scientist & Head – Industrial Waste Water Research Lab, Division of Applied and Environmental Microbiology Lab at Enviro Technology Ltd., Ankleshwar, Gujarat, India. His major work involves isolation, screening, identification and Genetic Engineering of high impact of Microbes for the degradation of hazardous materials. He has more than 250 research publication in highly reputed national and international journals. He has edited 15 books with Elsevier, Springer.
Chief Scientist & Head, Industrial Waste Water Research Lab, Division of Applied and Environmental Microbiology Lab at Enviro Technology Ltd., Ankleshwar, Gujarat, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.