Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Biopolymer-Based Nanomaterials in Drug Delivery and Biomedical Applications presents a clear and detailed body of information on biopolymer chemistry and polymer sciences in drug delivery. The book covers the recently reported nanomaterials consisting of biopolymers such as polysaccharides (i.e., plant, animal, bacteria, algae and fungi-derived) and proteins in terms of their structures, synthetic protocols and characterizations. In addition, their applications as therapeutic drug and gene delivery carriers and in other biomedical fields are reviewed. This book compiles chapters contributed by internationally renowned scholars working in biopolymer-based nanomaterials, offering a wide vision on the new and ongoing potential of different biopolymeric nanomaterials.
The information related to concepts, design protocols and applications of biopolymer-based nanoplatforms is presented here, with detailed chapters on Pectin based nanomaterials, Konjac glucomannan based nanomaterials, Guar gum-based nanomaterials, tailor-made gum Arabic based nanomaterials, among others. Such systems are widely being used as functional materials for drug delivery and other therapeutic applications.
- Provides a critical and detailed examination in the recent development of biopolymer-based nanomaterials
- Focuses on modified biopolymer-based, diverse cutting-edge techniques in drug delivery and biomedical applications
- Assesses the opportunities and challenges of biopolymer-based nano-carriers in pharmaceutical and biomedical fields
Postgraduate research students from various disciplines such as pharmacy, materials science, biomedical science, molecular medicine, chemistry, food Science, engineering, biotechnology. Faculty, instructors and research supervisors working in academia and industrial researchers from pharmaceutical and biomedical industries
Section 1: Basics on Biopolymeric nanomaterials
1. Biopolymer-based materials in nanomedicine: Synthesis and characterization
Section 2: Plant-derived polysaccharide-based nanomaterials
2. Starch-based nanomaterials in drug delivery applications
3. Cellulose-based nanomaterials in drug delivery applications
4. Pectin-based nanomaterials in drug delivery applications
5. Konjac glucomannan-based nanomaterials in drug delivery and biomedical applications
6. Guar gum-based nanomaterials in drug delivery and biomedical applications
7. Gum arabic-based nanomaterials in drug delivery and biomedical applications
Section 3: Animal-derived polysaccharide-based nanomaterials
8. Chitosan-based nanomaterials in drug delivery applications
9. Hyaluronic acid-based nanomaterials in drug delivery applications
Section 4: Bacteria-derived polysaccharide-based nanomaterials
10. Curdlan-based nanomaterials in drug delivery applications
11. Xanthan-based nanomaterials in drug delivery applications
12. Dextran-based nanomaterials in drug delivery applications
13. Gellan-based nanomaterials in drug delivery applications
Section 5: Algae/Fungi-derived polysaccharide-based nanomaterials
14. Alginate-based nanomaterials in drug delivery applications
15. Carrageenan-based nanomaterials in drug delivery applications
16. Pullulan-based nanomaterials in drug delivery applications
Section 6: Protein-based nanomaterials
17. Gelatin-based nanomaterials in drug delivery and biomedical applications
18. Collagen-based nanomaterials in drug delivery and biomedical applications
19. Silk protein-based nanomaterials in drug delivery and biomedical applications
20. Albumin-based nanomaterials in drug delivery and biomedical applications
21. Zein-based nanomaterials in drug delivery and biomedical applications
22. Casein-based nanomaterials in drug delivery and biomedical applications
23. Cell penetration peptide-based nanomaterials in drug delivery and biomedical applications
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 3rd February 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Hriday Bera completed his Masters study at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India and Ph.D at National University of Singapore, Singapore. He is presently working as Post-doctoral Fellow at Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, China and Nano Medical Engineering Laboratory, RIKEN, Wako, Japan. The major focus of his current research is the conceptual design, fabrication and evaluation of chemically modified naturally-occurring polymer based systems intended for drug delivery and other biomedical applications. As a part of his research career, he published 36 peer-reviewed articles (including 23 first-author articles) in various international journals of repute with a total SCI citation of 546, h-index of 15 and i10-index of 20. Moreover, he penned 20 book chapters for various international publishers. Furthermore, as a principal investigator, he has received highly competitive research grants from AICTE, Govt. of India; Ministry of Higher Education, Govt. of Malaysia; National Natural Science Foundation, China and Tekada Science Foundation, Japan.
Post-doctoral Fellow/International Young Scientist, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, China
Dr. Chowdhury Mobaswar Hossain, completed his B.Pharm from Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India. He is a recipient of University Gold Medal in M.Pharm programme. He did his Ph.D. Degree in Pharmacology from Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India. Currently he is a Professor & HoD, Department of Pharm.Tech, MAKAUT, WB, India. He is a recipient of most prestigious DST-Inspire Fellowship from DST, Govt. of India. Dr. Hossain is a former Postdoctoral Fellow in School of Medicine, University of Florida, USA. He has expertise on drug discovery research on Infectious Diseases, diabetes and liver cancer. Currently he is working on Peptidomeimetics against infectious diseases. He has published number of research papers in peer reviewed journals of International repute. He is an associate editor for a couple of international journals and contributed as a co-author of several books and book chapters on relevant topics. He is a recipient of “Teacher of the Year-2017” award by MAKAUT, WB for outstanding performance in Teaching-Learning and Research. He has delivered number of invited talks in national and international conferences in India and USA. He is also a reviewer of many journals of international repute. He has guided 18 PG students and supervising 04 Ph.D. students. Dr. Hossain is a member of several prestigious organizations such as American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS), American Association of Microbiology (ASM), American Association of Immunologists (AAI) and American Medical Writer’s Association (AMWA), APTI and IPA.
Professor & Head, Department of Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, India
Dr. Sudipta Saha completed Bachelor and Master Studies in Pharmacy from Jadavpur University, India. He completed his Ph.D. from National University of Singapore and did his post doctoral training from Experimental Therapeutic Center, Astar, Singapore. Currently, he is working as Assistant Professor in Department of Phrmaceutical Sciences, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow, India. His research interest is to explore molecular basis of hepatic and colorectal cancer. As a part of the research carrier, he published 64 peer reviewed articles in various international journals, with total citation of 825, h-index of 16, i10-index of 29. Furthermore, he wrote several book chapters and had three patents. In addition, he received various research grants such as UGC-Start Up grant, UGC-MRP and DST-SERB-MRP etc. He supervised more than 23 Master of pharmacy and 5 Ph.D. students.
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.