Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Introduction to Nanotherapeutics
2. Mathematical models of drug release from degradable and non-degradable hydrogels
3. Lipid nanocarriers: Preparation, characterization, absorption mechanism and applications to improve oral bioavailability of poorly water-soluble drugs
4. Liposomes as Topical Drug Delivery systems: state of the arts
5. Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology: Brief Perspective on Application of Lipid Nanocarriers and Its Future Scope
6. Carbon nanocrystals as controlled drug delivery systems and combined imaging probes
7. Biomedical applications of graphenes
8. Chitosan-Based Nanocomposites: Promising Materials for Drug Delivery Applications
9. Synthesis of Hydrogels and their Emerging Role in Pharmaceutics
10. Targeting aspects of hydrogels in drug delivery or biomedical applications
11. Nanostructured Organic-Organic Bio-Hybrid Delivery Systems
12. Metal oxide nanoparticles in removing residual pharmaceutical products from water and wastewater
13. Synthesis, Characterization, Properties and Applications of Metal Oxides and their future aspects
14. Advanced Experience in the Use of Biodegradable and ZnO Nanoparticles in the Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
15. Antibacterial and antifungal properties of new a-Ag2WO4 micro- and nanocrystals
16. Targeting metastatic cancer through nanoconjugated quercetin: recent development
17. Nanotherapeutics for oral cavity
Biomedical Applications of Nanoparticles describes the most interesting and investigated biomedical applications of nanoparticles, emphasizing their therapeutic impact. Progress made in the therapy of severe diseases, such as cancer and difficult infections is strictly correlated to the scientific progress and technological development in the field of materials science. Nanoparticles have numerous therapeutic applications, starting with the design of new drugs, delivery systems, therapeutic materials, and their contribution to the development of preventive strategies. The book highlights the impact of nanoparticles on the therapy of infections, antimicrobial effect and also anti-cancer strategies.
Successful examples are given throughout the book, along with analysis in order to improve future outcomes of novel therapies.
- Highlights the term nanotherapeutics and presents several classifications of nanotherapeutics from different points-of-view
- Presents the recent progress related to nanotherapeutics in the oral cavity
- Provides the recent progress in the field of biomedical nanoparticles
Academia staff, medical researchers, engineers, PhDs, MDs, MsC, postdocs, students, medical staff, pharmaceutics companies, biomedical companies, private producers and innovative companies
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2019
- 5th March 2019
- William Andrew
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu is Assistant Professor at the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry and Letters in Applied NanoBioScience and Co-Editor in Chief of Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin. He is also a member of the Editoral Board for several other journals, including American Journal of Nanomaterials, Journal of Nanotechnology in Diagnosis and Treatment and Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Research. In addition, he has served as Guest Editor for several other established journals, including Elsevier’s International Journal of Pharmaceutics. He has published 17 books previously with Elsevier as well as over 150 peer reviewed papers and 20 book chapters.
Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania