Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part I: Biopolymers and Biomass-reinforced Green Composites
2. Biomass based green composites: Fabrication, Properties and characterization
3. Biomass based green composites and their applications in automotive industries
4. Posidonia oceanica waste reinforced PLA nanocomposites: Fabrication and applications
5. Bagasse fiber reinforced composites and their applications in the construction and building industries
6. Biomass reinforced composites and their utilization in packaging industries
7. Fabrication and mechanical properties evaluation of agro-waste biomass based green composites
8. Starch based Biodegradable Green Composites: Development and their applications
9. Coconut coir based natural fiber composites: Mechanical properties and applications
10. Bamboo fiber reinforced polymer composites: Mechanical Properties and Applications
11. Banana fiber reinforced polymer composites: Mechanical properties and Applications
12. Revalorization of agricultural wastes as novel precursor for cellulose nanofibrils extracted by steam explosion and their effect on bionanocomposite properties
13. Natural fibres as reinforcement phases in different thermoplastic and/or thermosetting matrices for industrial applications
Part II: Biofuels
14. Biofuels: their Characterization and analysis
15. The consideration of economics during processing of biofuels
16. Energy production from corn, cellulosic, and algae biomass
17. An introduction to Biofuels, foods, livestock, and the environment
18. The use of Crop residues for biofuel production
19. An overview of the carbon footprint of the biofuels from corn and sugarcane
20. The production of Biodiesel by Using Karanja (Pongamia pinnata) and Jatropha (Jatropha curcas) Oil
21. The production of biofuel from rice bran oil
22. The current and future perspectives of biofuels
23. The thermochemical conversion of biomass into biofuels
Biomass, Biopolymer-Based Materials and Bioenergy: Construction, Biomedical and Other Industrial Applications covers a broad range of material types, including natural fiber reinforced polymer composites, particulate composites, fiberboard, wood fiber composites, and plywood composite that utilize natural, renewable and biodegradable agricultural biomass. In terms of bioenergy, the authors explore not only the well-known processing methods of biofuels, but also the kinetics of biofuels production pathways, a techno-economic analysis on biomass gasification, and biomass gasification with further upgrading into diesel additives and hybrid renewable energy systems for power generation.
Further chapters discuss advanced techniques for the development of biomass-based composites, biopolymer-based composites, biomass gasification, thermal kinetic design and techno-economic analysis of biomass gasification. By introducing these topics, the book highlights a totally new research theme in biopolymer-based composite materials and bioenergy.
- Covers a broad range of different research fields, including biopolymer and natural fiber reinforcement used in the development of composites
- Demonstrates key research themes in materials science and engineering, including materials processing, polymer science, biofuel processing, and thermal and kinetic studies
- Presents valuable information for those working in research and development departments, and for graduate students (Masters and PhDs)
Materials science and engineering, especially polymer and composite technology and chemical, energy and environmental engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 18th January 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Deepak Verma is currently working as an Assistant Professor, in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, at Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun, India. He received his M.Tech from the College of Technology, GBPUA&T Pantnagar, India. He has more than 7 years of experience in teaching, research, and working within industry. His research interests include: Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene and Nanoclay, Wood fiber Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Natural Fibres and Solid Wood Composites, and Polymer blends. He has published 2 books, 16 book chapters, and more than 10 International journal papers in reputed journals.
Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun, India
Elena Fortunati, graduated in 2007 in Materials Engineering and she was awarded a Ph.D. in Nanotechnology of Materials at the University of Perugia, in 2010. Since January 2011 she has been a researcher (post-doctoral) at the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department/Faculty of Engineering /Materials Science and Technology (STM) Group. She has attended and spoken at over 30 International Conferences and is author of more than 50 articles in refereed journals and book chapters, most of them concerning waste re-valorization and use, extraction of cellulose nanocrystals and their use in nanocomposites for industrial applications.
University of Perugia, Department of Civil Engineering, UdR INSTM, Italy
Siddharth Jain is currently working as an Associate Professor, in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering Roorkee, Roorkee, India. He received his M.Tech and PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee in the area of thermal and renewable energy. After graduation from IIT Roorkee, he worked for one year at the National University of Singapore, as a post-doctoral fellow and also worked for another year at the University of Alberta, Canada, as a post-doctoral fellow on Renewable energy. The majority of his research has been devoted to investigate the production of power, fuel, and chemicals from renewable energy resources, mainly: kinetic, and mechanism studies on biomass thermal conversion processes and integral techno-economic and environmental assessment on renewable energy systems.
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering Roorkee, Roorkee, India
Dr. Xiaolei Zhang is currently working in Harbin Institute of Technology (Shenzhen) as assistant professor. She received her Ph.D in Water Science from INRS University of Quebec in 2014. Her research work focuses on municipal wastewater and industrial wastewater treatment; micro-electrolysis for wastewater treatment; advanced oxidation. Dr. Zhang has published more than 40 peer-reviewed journal papers, 9 book chapters, and many conference presentations.
Wastewater Treatment and Biotechnology, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology (Shenzhen), China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.