- First comprehensive book on the American lobster since Herrick's century-old monograph
- Provides crucial background for neurobiologists who use this crustacean as a model organism
- Contains a comprehensive treatment of the lobster fishery and its management
Table of Contents
Introduction, Anatomy, and Life History, J.R. Factor.
Taxonomy and Evolution, A.B. Williams.
Larval and Postlarval Ecology, G.P. Ennis.
Postlarval, Juvenile, Adolescent, and Adult Ecology, P. Lawton and K.L. Lavalli.
Fishery Regulations and Methods, R.J. Miller.
Populations, Fisheries, and Management, M.J. Fogarty.
Interface of Ecology, Behavior, and Fisheries, J.S. Cobb.
Aquaculture, D.E. Aiken and S.L. Waddy.
Reproduction and Embryonic Development, P. Talbot and Simone Helluy.
Control of Growth and Reproduction, S.L. Waddy, D.E. Aiken, and D.P.V. de Kleijn.
Neurobiology and Neuroendocrinology, B. Beltz.
Muscles and Their Innervation, C.K. Govind.
Behavior and Sensory Biology, J. Atema and R. Voigt.
The Feeding Appendages, K.L. Lavalli and J.R. Factor.
The Digestive system, J.R. Factor.
Digestive Physiology and Nutrition, D.E. Conklin.
Circulation, the Blood, and Disease, G.G. Martin and J.E. Hose.
The Physiology of Gas Exchange, Circulation, Ion Regulation, and Nitrogenous Excretion: An Integrative Approach, B.R. McMahon.
- No. of pages: 544
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1995
- Published: October 17, 1995
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080528038
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780122475702
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Biology of the Lobster"