Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Biointegration: an introduction
Part One Soft tissue biointegration
2. Interface biology of stem cell-driven tissue engineering: concepts, concerns, and approaches
3. Replacement materials for facial reconstruction at the soft tissue–bone interface
4. Tissue engineering for small-diameter vascular grafts
5. Clinical applications of mesenchymal stem cells
Part Two Tissue regeneration
6. Cardiac Regeneration
7. Tissue-based products
8. Tendon and tissue regeneration
9. Integration of dental implants: molecular interplay at tissue-material interface
10. Biointegration of bone graft substiutes from osteointegration to osteotranduction
11. Stem cell-based therapeutic approaches toward corneal regeneration
Part Three Drug delivery
12. Biocompatibility of materials and its relevance to drug delivery and tissue engineering
13. Inorganic nanoparticles for targeted drug delivery
14. Applications of alginate biopolymer in drug delivery
Part Four Design considerations
15. Failure mechanisms of medical implants and their effects on outcomes
16. Biointegration of three-dimensional-printed biomaterials and biomedical devices
Biointegration of Medical Implant Materials, Second Edition, provides a unique and comprehensive review of recent techniques and research into material and tissue interaction and integration. New sections discuss soft tissue integration, with chapters on the biocompatibility of engineered stem cells, corneal tissue engineering, and vascular grafts. Other sections review tissue regeneration, inorganic nanoparticles for targeted drug delivery, alginate based drug delivery devices, and design considerations, with coverage of the biocompatibility of materials and their relevance to drug delivery and tissue engineering. With its distinguished editor and team of international contributors, this book is ideal for medical materials scientists and engineers in industry and academia.
- Provides a unique and comprehensive review of recent techniques and research into material and tissue interaction and integration
- Discusses soft tissue biointegration, with chapters on the biocompatibility of engineered stem cells, corneal tissue engineering, vascular grafts and replacement materials for facial reconstruction
- Includes new information on a variety of tissue regeneration techniques and applications
Researchers in industry and academa with interests in biomaterials and tissue engineering, students (both UG and PG), clinicians
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 18th September 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Chandra P. Sharma is former Senior Scientist G and Head, Biomedical Technology Wing, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum and has been Head, Biosurface Technology Division, SCTIMST, Trivandrum from January 1980 to February 2014. He has also been Associate Head, Biomedical Technology Wing, and Associate Dean, PhD Affairs, SCTIMST Trivandrum. Presently he is Adjunct Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal University. His basic activities relate understanding of blood/tissue – material interactions at the interface. In case of chitosan, an encouraging wound healing material, his group demonstrated during 1990s that its hemostatic potential is independent of classical coagulation cascade and appears to be an interaction between the cell membrane of erythrocytes and chitosan. His research interests include: biomaterials and artificial organs and nano-systems for oral delivery of insulin.
Adjunct Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.