Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Bioinformatics: Methods and Applications provides a thorough and detailed description of principles, methods, and applications of bioinformatics in different areas of life sciences. It presents a compendium of many important topics of current advanced research and basic principles/approaches easily applicable to diverse research settings.
The content encompasses topics such as biological databases, sequence analysis, genome assembly, RNA sequence data analysis, drug design, and structural and functional analysis of proteins. In addition, it discusses computational approaches for vaccine design, systems biology and big data analysis, and machine learning in bioinformatics.
It is a valuable source for bioinformaticians, computer biologists, and members of biomedical field who needs to learn bioinformatics approaches to apply to their research and lab activities.
- Covers basic and more advanced developments of bioinformatics with a diverse and interdisciplinary approach to fulfill the needs of readers from different backgrounds
- Explains in a practical way how to decode complex biological problems using computational approaches and resources
- Brings case studies, real-world examples and several protocols to guide the readers with a problem-solving approach
Graduate students of bioinformatics; biomedical researchers in general
- Introduction to Basics of Bioinformatics
2. Biological Databases and their Applications
3. Biological Sequence Analysis
4. Genome Assembly and Annotation
5. Molecular Phylogeny and its Applications
6. Applications and challenges of transcriptome analysis: From microarray to next-generation sequencing
7. RNAseq Data Analysis
8. Analysis of SSR and SNP Markers
9. Gene Ontology (GO) Enrichment Analysis
10. Bioinformatics the boon for cracking current challenges in metagenome analysis
11. Protein structure Prediction
12. Structural and Functional analysis of protein
13. Computational Approaches in Drug designing
14. Structure-Based Drug Designing
15. Ligand-Based Drug Designing
16. Lead discovery and Lead Optimization
17. Pharmacophore modeling and its applications
18. Molecular Docking and molecular Dynamics Simulation
19. Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics analysis of Drug Candidates
20. Computational Approaches for Vaccine Designing
21. Metabolomics and Metabolic Flux Analysis
22. Network Biology and its Applications
23. Pathway Modeling and Simulation Analysis
24. Systems Biology and Big data Analysis
25. Machine Leaning in Bioinformatics
26. Bioinformatics and Biological Data mining
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st September 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
He graduated in Biology (BSc), MSc (Bioinformatics) and PhD (Biotechnology) at University of Allahabad and MTech (Bioinformatics) at Indian Institute of Information Technology. He has been actively involved in teaching and research since 2009, is teaching bioinformatics and biostatistics courses to BSc (Hons) and MSc Biotechnology students and his areas of research are molecular modeling, chemo-informatics, inhibitors/drug designing, in silico evaluation and in vitro testing. He is associated with many international educational societies such as Bioinformatics organization, Nexxus Foundation (Scotland), Bioinformatics Society (International Association of Engineers) and Indian Science Congress Association. He is editor-in-chief of Translational Medicine journal, member of advisory board of Cambridge Scholars Publishing and author of two books: ‘Frontiers in Protein Structure, Function, and Dynamics’ and ‘Computer-Aided Drug Design’ (both Springer). Dev Bukhsh Singh, MSc, MTech, PhD, is Assistant Professor at Department of Biotechnology, Institute of Biosciences and Biotechnology, Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University.
Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Institute of Biosciences and Biotechnology, Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, India
Rajesh Kumar Pathak, PhD, completed his BSc (Biotechnology) at Barkatullah University, MSc (Bioinformatics) at Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, and PhD at G. B. Pant Institute of Engineering & Technology. His research interests lie in the areas of the genome and transcriptome assembly and annotation, microarray data analysis, pathway modeling, network analysis, molecular docking, virtual screening, and molecular dynamics simulation.
Teaching Assistant, School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Punjab Agricultural University, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.