Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Bioimpedance and Spectroscopy is a comprehensive gateway into the applications of bioimpedance and relevant aspects of its instrumentation, which presents cutting-edge knowledge in an accessible and simplified way.
Written by experts from across the field, this book offers a rare focus on applied engineering and instrumentation, covering both theory and practical applications. This text will guide you towards successful experiments and leads to practical examination of the properties of different biological structures, whether single cells, tissues or whole organ systems, by:
- Revealing how the underlying processes of the bioimpedance spectroscopy enhance classic understanding of the impedance measurement
- Introducing new instrumentation methods and applications
- Warning against some common pitfalls and caveats
- Explaining historical perspectives, solutions to engineering problems and real-world case studies of how this technology has been successfully applied
Clear and practical, this book lays out essential requirements, typical challenges, and common compromises for both students and engineers in the field. Students of data acquisition and impedance measurement, graduate students in biomedical engineering, and engineers of practical measurement solutions will also find this book useful.
- Includes new instrumentation methods and applications in bioimpedance spectroscopy
- Covers both the theory and practical applications of this technology
- Describes the underlying processes that occur within bioimpedance spectroscopy and how they are different from classic impedance measurement techniques used in industry and in engineering courses
Students of data acquisition and impedance measurement, Biomedical Engineering master and PhD students, Engineers of practical measurement solutions. Secondary audience: scientists using impedance data, scientists acquiring biological data
Paul Annus and Mart Min
1. Coupling and Electrodes
2. Effects of Stray Capacitance to Ground in Impedance Measurements
Carles Aliau-Bonet and Marcos Quilez-Figuerola
3. Designing a Current Source
4. Characterization of Biological Material Using Electrical Relaxation Spectroscopy
5. Spectro-tomography in Biological Applications: The Multimodal Perspective
Mari Lehti-Polojärvi, Jari Hyttinen and Olli Koskela
6. Applications and Prospects for Impedance Cardiography: Stationary and Ambulatory Implementations
7. Monitoring Wound Healing
Atte Kekonen and Jari Viik
8. Monitoring Hemorrhagic Strokes Using EIT
Ville Kolehmainen, Jussi Toivanen, Tuomo Savolainen, Asko Hänninen and Nina Forss
9. Electrical Impedance Methods in Cardiology
10. Physiological Measurements of Cardio-Respiratory Activity with Impedance Pneumography
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 19th June 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Paul Annus, is a Senior Researcher and Lecturer on bioimpedance measurement and data acquisition in the Thomas Johann Seebeck Department of Electronics, at Tallinn University of Technology. Having spent a decade with the Estonian Competence Centre program as an engineer, scientist, and project leader, his research focuses today on impedance spectroscopy, system identification and general data acquisition. He has published over 100 publications and registered 13 inventions.
Senior Researcher and Lecturer on Bioimpedance Measurement and Data Acquisition, Thomas Johann Seebeck Department of Electronics, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Dr Mart Min is a Professor Emeritus in the Thomas Johann Seebeck Department of Electronics, at Tallinn University of Technology. His research focuses on sensing, signal processing, and data acquisition for performing both medical monitoring and diagnosing when basing especially on the use of electrical bioimpedance information. He has published over 200 publications and registered 50 patents.
Professor Emeritus, Thomas Johann Seebeck Department of Electronics, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.