Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Biodegradation and Detoxification of Micropollutants in Industrial Wastewater summarizes the occurrence and source of micropollutants through various industrial wastewaters. It covers the type of micropollutants, its effects and emerging detection and treatment methods. The book has 16 chapters and throughout each chapter it presents the fate and effects of micropoolutants, qauntitative and qualitative analysis of micropolutants in industrial wastewaters and treatment of micropolutants through conventional and advanced wastewater treatment technologies.
- Presents detailed information on the micropollutants of the industrial wastewaters origin
- Asseses the toxic effect the micropollutants on living organisms
- Evaluates the emerging treatment technologies for the removal of micropollutants
- Includes molecular biology, nanotechnology and microbiology approaches for the management micropollutants in industrial wastewaters
Bioengineers, environmental scientists , chemists in academia and corporate research. Upcoming students, researchers, scientists, industry persons and professionals in the field of Environmental Science and Engineering, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Toxicology
- Evaluation of micropollutants removal from industrial wastewater using conventional and advance biological wastewater treatment processes
2. Fate and occurrence of microplastic and nanoplastic pollution in industrial wastewater
3. Biosensors for detection of emerging pollutants in water and wastewater
4. Applications of membrane bioreactors for wastewater treatment: removal, mechanisms and perspectives of micropollutants
5. Removal of pharmaceutical and personal care products in water and wastewater using fungal system
6. Removal of organic micro-pollutants by aerobic and anaerobic microorganism
7. Emerging contaminants of industrial origin and their enzyme-assisted biodegradation
8. Use of microalgae for the removal of emerging contaminants from wastewater
9. Bioelectrochemical system for sustainable environmental remediation and energy generation
10. Advanced nanotechnology for the degradation of persistent organic pollutants
11. Ecotoxicological effects of emerging micropollutants: Examination of biomarkers, current state and future perspectives
12. Micro- and nanoplastic toxicity on aquatic life: fate, effect and remediation strategy
13. Endocrine disrupting pollutants in domestic and industrial wastewater: occurrence and removal by advanced treatment system for wastewater reuse
14. Environmental impact of endocrine disruptors on human, animal and plant life
15. Bioaugmenation as a strategy for the removal of emerging pollutants from wastewater
16. Bisphenols in wastewater: occurrence, fate, effect, safety, biodegradation by bacterial community
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2022
- 2nd May 2022
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Maulin P. Shah is Chief Scientist and Head of the Industrial Waste Water Research Lab, Division of Applied and Environmental Microbiology Lab at Enviro Technology Ltd., Ankleshwar, Gujarat, India. His work focuses on the impact of industrial pollution on the microbial diversity of wastewater following cultivation-dependent and cultivation-independent analysis. His major work involves isolation, screening, identification, and genetically engineering high-impact microbes for the degradation of hazardous materials. His research interests include biological wastewater treatment, environmental microbiology, biodegradation, bioremediation, and phytoremediation of environmental pollutants from industrial wastewaters. He has published more than 250 research papers in national and international journals of repute on various aspects of microbial biodegradation and bioremediation of environmental pollutants. He is the editor of more than 50 books of international repute (Elsevier, Springer, RSC, and CRC Press). He is an active editorial board member in top-rated journals.
Senior Environmental Microbiologist, Environmental Microbiology Lab, Gujarat, India
Izharul Haq is currently working as Post Doctoral Fellow at the Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India. He has completed his Post graduation in Environmental Microbiology from BBA University, Lucknow and PhD in Microbiology from CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, India. Before joining of PDF, he was Assistant Professor at JECRC University, Jaipur, India. He has exposure in the field of bioremediation and detoxification of emerging pollutants from industrial wastewater using microbial approaches. He has published many research papers in reputed national and international journals with high impact factor and reviewed peer review journal. He also has published book chapters and magazine article in reputed international books. Dr Haq currently supervising two M Tech students of Environmental Engineering field. He is a life member of the Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI), Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) Kolkata and Vigyan Bharti, India
Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India
Ajay Kalamdhad is working as professor at the Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam, India. He obtained his Bachelors, Masters and PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering from GEC Jabalpur, VNIT Nagpur and IIT Roorkee respectively. Prior to joining IIT Guwahati in 2009, he was an Assistant Professor at VNIT Nagpur and worked in various projects at RRL, Bhopal (Now AMPRI, Bhopal) and NEERI, Nagpur. His research team is working on solid waste management by microbial and vermicomposting, aerobic and anaerobic digestion of kitchen waste and industrial sludge for biogas production, Composting of water hyacinth using different composting technologies. He also serves as an editorial board member/reviewer for several national/international journals of repute. Currently, Prof Kalamdhad supervising 18 PhD and 11 M Tech students and more than 10 PhD and 35 M Tech dissertations have been completed under his supervision. In addition, Prof. Kalamdhad has handled 9 major R&D projects funded by various agencies. He has published more than 150 research papers in national and international journals of repute. He also has published 6 book chapters and 5 international books. He is a life member of Indian Public Health Engineers, Asia-Pacific Chemical, Biological& Environmental Engineering Society, National Solid Waste Association of India, International Solid Waste Association, and Indian Water Works Association.
Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.