- Indispensable new book on this hot topic
- Discusses the major fibre types, inlcuding bast fibres
- Looks at biodegradable and sustainable fibres as an effective way of reducing the harm disposed textiles have on the environment
Table of Contents
- Microbial processes in the degradation of fibres; Bast fibres (flax, hemp, jute, ramie, kenaf, abaca); Alginate fibres; Cellulosic fibres and fabric processing; Lyocell fibres; Polylactic acid fibres; Poly(hydroxyalkanoates) and poly(caprolactane); The route to synthetic silks; Biodegradable natural fibre composites; Biodegradable nonwovens; Natural geotextiles; Conversion of cellulose, chitin and chitosan to filaments with simple salt solutions; Soya bean protein fibres – past, present and future.
- No. of pages: 464
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2005
- Published: November 30, 2005
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845690991
About the Editor
R S Blackburn
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Biodegradable and Sustainable Fibres"