Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
PART ONE Introduction to Polymer Composites
2. Polymer composites, microcomposites and nanocomposites
3. Biodegradable and biocompatible polymer composites
PART TWO Characterization, Synthesis and Preparation of Biodegradable composites
4. Natural and synthetic biopolymers
5. Surface modification, synthesis and preparation of biodegradable and biocompatible polymers
6. Characterization, testing and reinforcing materials of biodegrable composites
P. H. Parsania
PART THREE Preparation and properties of natural and synthetic biofibers
7. Preparation of Natural Fibre Reinforcement Composites
PART FOUR Applications of Biodegradable and biocompatible polymer composites
8. Medical applications
9. Surface Modification of Natural Fibers
10. Polymer Composites with Functionalized Natural Fibers
11. Biocompatible and Biodegradable Chitosan Nanocomposites Loaded with Carbon Nanotubes
Shadpour Mallakpour, Leila Khodadadzadeh
12. Polycaprolactone/metal oxide Nanocomposites: An Overview of Recent Progress and Applications
Shadpour Mallakpour, Nasrin Nouruzi
13.Applications of biodegradable polymer/layered double hydroxide NC: current status and recent prospects
Shadpour Mallakpour, Elham Khadem
14. Poly(vinyl alcohol)/carbon nanotube Nanocomposites: Challenges and Opportunities
Shadpour Mallakpour, Shima Rashidimoghadam
15. Bio-Based Aliphatic Polyesters from Dicarboxylic Acids and Related Sugar and Amino Acid Derivatives
16. Advances in Bio-Nanocomposites for Biomedical Applications
Anil Bajpai, Rajesh Saini, Era Jain
17. Innovations in Bionanotechnology for Waste Water Treatment
Anil Bajpai, Rajesh Saini, Laxmi Bagri, Jaya Bajpai
18. Biodegradable and Biocompatible Polymer Composites from Plant Source
Paridah Md Tahir, Farideh Namvar, Ferial Ghaemi
19. Chitosan Based Composite with Silver and Mesoporous Silica as an Effective Anitbiotic Agent
20. Life Cycle Assessment Study on Biodegradable and Biocompatible Polymer Composites for Packaging Application
Biodegradable and Biocompatible Polymer Composites: Processing, Properties and Applications begins by discussing the current state-of-the-art, new challenges and opportunities for various biodegradable and biocompatible polymer composite systems. Interfacial characterization of composites and the structure-property relationships in various composite systems are explained in detail via a theoretical model.
Processing techniques for various macro and nanocomposite systems and the influence of processing parameters on properties of the composite are also reviewed in detail. The characterization of microstructure, elastic, visco-elastic, static and dynamic mechanical, thermal, rheological, optical, and electrical properties are highlighted, as are a broad range of applications.
The book is a useful reference resource for both researchers and engineers working in composites materials science, biotechnology and nanotechnology, and is also useful for students attending chemistry, physics, and materials science and engineering courses.
- Presents recent outcomes and highlights the going importance of biodegradable and biocompatible polymer composites and their impact on the environment
- Analyzes all the main processing techniques, characterization and applications of biodegradable composites
- Written by leading international experts working in the field of biodegradable and biocompatible polymer composites
- Covers a broad range of application fields, including medical and pharmaceutical, agricultural, packaging and transport
Materials scientists and engineers working in composites, bio-based materials and textiles and postgraduate students in chemistry, physics, materials science and engineering, biotechnology and nanotechnology.
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 20th September 2017
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Navinchandra G. Shimpi is Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry, University of Mumbai, India. Dr. Shimpi is working on development of smart and advance nanomaterials for the detection of hazardous gas by fabricating smart gas sensors This is his second book for Elsevier, having previously edited Biodegradable and Biocompatible Polymer Composites: Processing, Properties and Application.
Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Mumbai, Santacruz, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.