PART ONE Introduction to Polymer Composites
2. Polymer composites, microcomposites and nanocomposites
3. Biodegradable and biocompatible polymer composites
PART TWO Characterization, Synthesis and Preparation of Biodegradable composites
4. Natural and synthetic biopolymers
5. Surface modification, synthesis and preparation of biodegradable and biocompatible polymers
6. Characterization, testing and reinforcing materials of biodegrable composites
P. H. Parsania
PART THREE Preparation and properties of natural and synthetic biofibers
7. Preparation of Natural Fibre Reinforcement Composites
PART FOUR Applications of Biodegradable and biocompatible polymer composites
8. Medical applications
9. Surface Modification of Natural Fibers
10. Polymer Composites with Functionalized Natural Fibers
11. Biocompatible and Biodegradable Chitosan Nanocomposites Loaded with Carbon Nanotubes
Shadpour Mallakpour, Leila Khodadadzadeh
12. Polycaprolactone/metal oxide Nanocomposites: An Overview of Recent Progress and Applications
Shadpour Mallakpour, Nasrin Nouruzi
13.Applications of biodegradable polymer/layered double hydroxide NC: current status and recent prospects
Shadpour Mallakpour, Elham Khadem
14. Poly(vinyl alcohol)/carbon nanotube Nanocomposites: Challenges and Opportunities
Shadpour Mallakpour, Shima Rashidimoghadam
15. Bio-Based Aliphatic Polyesters from Dicarboxylic Acids and Related Sugar and A
Biodegradable and Biocompatible Polymer Composites: Processing, Properties and Applications begins by discussing the current state-of-the-art, new challenges and opportunities for various biodegradable and biocompatible polymer composite systems. Interfacial characterization of composites and the structure-property relationships in various composite systems are explained in detail via a theoretical model.
Processing techniques for various macro and nanocomposite systems and the influence of processing parameters on properties of the composite are also reviewed in detail. The characterization of microstructure, elastic, visco-elastic, static and dynamic mechanical, thermal, rheological, optical, and electrical properties are highlighted, as are a broad range of applications.
The book is a useful reference resource for both researchers and engineers working in composites materials science, biotechnology and nanotechnology, and is also useful for students attending chemistry, physics, and materials science and engineering courses.
- Presents recent outcomes and highlights the going importance of biodegradable and biocompatible polymer composites and their impact on the environment
- Analyzes all the main processing techniques, characterization and applications of biodegradable composites
- Written by leading international experts working in the field of biodegradable and biocompatible polymer composites
- Covers a broad range of application fields, including medical and pharmaceutical, agricultural, packaging and transport
Materials scientists and engineers working in composites, bio-based materials and textiles and postgraduate students in chemistry, physics, materials science and engineering, biotechnology and nanotechnology.
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 20th September 2017
- Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Navinchandra Gopal Shimpi has been working as an Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry, at the University of Mumbai, Santacruz (E) Mumbai (India) since April 2014. Previously he was working as an Assistant Professor, at the University Institute of Chemical Technology, Jalgaon (India). He has over 10 years of teaching experience at UG and PG level and 13 years of research experience. His main areas of research interest are synthesis and surface modification of nanomaterials, biodegradable polymer composites, conducting polymers nanocomposites, weather resistance materials and synthesis and functionalization of carbon nanotubes. He has more than 45 research publications in reputed international journals and has presented more than 90 papers at international and national conferences. So far he has delivered more than 25 invited talks at various international and national conferences. He is also currently working as an Associate Editor for the International Journal of Chemical Studies (e-ISSN: 2321–4902p-ISSN: 2349–8528). He has also worked as a Guest Editor for the International Journal of Polymer Science for a special issue on ‘Advancement in Polymeric Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites’ and has organized 6 conferences (One international and five national).
Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Mumbai, Santacruz, India