Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Biocomposites for High-Performance Applications: Current Barriers and Future Needs Towards Industrial Development focuses on future research directions that will make biocomposites a successful player in the field of high-strength structural applications.
With contributions from eminent academic researchers and industrial experts who have first-hand experience on the advantages/disadvantages of biocomposites in their daily lives, the book examines the industrial development of biocomposite products, identifying the current barriers and their future industrial needs
Topics covered include: recent research activities from academia in the biocomposite research field, valuable thoughts and insights from biocomposite manufacturing industries, the strength and weaknesses of biocomposite products, and the practical issues that need to be addressed to reach the next level.
- Highlights the practical issues involved in biocomposites research
- Contains contributions from eminent academic researchers and industrial experts
- Discusses recent research activities from academia in the biocomposite research field, along with valuable thoughts and insights from biocomposite manufacturing industries
Academic and industrial researchers working in material science, polymer science and technology, aerospace engineering, mechanical and metallurgy engineering, chemistry, wood science
1. Plant Fibre Reinforcements
2. Man-Made Cellulose Fibre Reinforcements (MMCFR)
3. Thermosetting Bioresins as Matrix for Biocomposites
4. Thermoplastic Biopolymer Matrix for Biocomposites
5. Forensic Identification of Bast Fibres
6. Fibre/Matrix Interface
7. Environmental Degradation Behaviour of Biocomposites
8. In-Situ Reactive Processing of Biocomposites via Reactive Extrusion
9. Rapid Processing Possibilities of Biocomposites: Microwave, Ultraviolet and e-beam
10. Recent Innovations in Biocomposite Products
11. Green Materials for Aerospace Industries
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2017
- 15th May 2017
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dipa Ray is currently a Lecturer at University of Edinburgh, UK. Her main research interests are polymer composites with a special focus on biofibres, biopolymers and biocomposites. She has been the author of more than 60 papers in peer-reviewed international journals, over 30 conference proceedings and has written 9 chapters in books. She has been recipient of the ‘Fast Track Award for Young Scientist’ in India in 2006 and ‘Career Award for Young Teachers (CAYT)’ in India in 2008.
University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.