Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Application of Biocomposites in Automotive Components: A Review
M.S. Sapuan and R.A. Ilyas
2. Thermal Properties of Sugar Palm Yarn Reinforced Unsaturated Polyester Composites as an Alternative for Automotive Applications
Mohd Nurazzi Norizan, M.S. Sapuan and R.A. Ilyas
3. Macro- to Nanoscale Natural Fibre Composites for Automotive Components: Research, Development and Application
R.A Ilyas, Mohd Nurazzi Norizan and M.S. Sapuan
4. On the Improvement of Tribological Performance Using Treated Betelnut Fibre Reinforced Polyester (T-BFRP) and Teflon Composite for Automotive Applications
Umar Nirmal and Yuhazri M.Y.
5. Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Analysis of Composite Products in Automotive Application
Muhd Ridzuan Mansor
6. Development and Performance Analysis of Hybrid Composite Side Door Impact Beam: An Experimental Investigation
7. Performance Evaluation of Cellulose Nanofiber Reinforced Polypropylene Biocomposites for Automotive Applications
M. N.F. Norrrahim, M.S. Sapuan and R.A Ilyas
8. Crashworthiness of Circular Tube of Kenaf Fibre Composite for Automotive Application
9. Unidirectional Oil Palm Empty Fruit Bunch (OPEFB) Fibre/Epoxy Composites Car Bumper Beam: Effects of Different Fibre Orientation on its Crash Performance
Hassan Cik Suhana
10. Synthetic/Natural Fibres Composites for Aircraft Engine Fire Designated Zones and its Potential Application in Automotive Engines
Abd Rahim Abu Talib and Ibrahim Mohammed
11. Wheels in the Automotive Industry: A Case Study Towards the Development of Magnesium Based Composite Wheels
Sameer Kumar Devarakonda
12. Composites and Biocomposites for Noise and Vibration Control in Automotive Structures
Jorge P. Arenas
13. State of Art Review on Green Composites for Automotive Applications
R.A. Ilyas and M.S. Sapuan
14. Effect of Heat and Moisture on Mechanical Performance of Composite Materials Used in Automotive Structures
15. Application of Polymer Composite Materials in Motorcycles: A Comprehensive Review
M.S. Sapuan, S. F.K. Sherwani and R.A Ilyas
Biocomposite and Synthetic Composites for Automotive Applications provides a detailed review of advanced macro and nanocomposite materials and structures, and discusses their use in the transport industry, specifically for automotive applications. This book covers materials selection, properties and performance, design solutions, and manufacturing techniques. A broad range of different material classes are reviewed with emphasis on advanced materials and new research pathways where composites can be derived from agricultural waste in the future, as well as the development and performance of hybrid composites.
The book is an essential reference resource for those researching materials development and industrial design engineers who need a detailed understanding of materials usage in transport structures. Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) analysis of composite products in automotive applications is also discussed, and the effect of different fiber orientation on crash performance. Synthetic/natural fiber composites for aircraft engine fire-designated zones are linked to automotive applications. Additional chapters include the application and use of magnesium composites compared to biocomposites in the automotive industry; autonomous inspection and repair of aircraft composite structures via vortex robot technology and its application in automotive applications; composites in a three-wheeler (tuk tuk); and thermal properties of composites in automotive applications.
- Covers advanced macro and nanocomposites used in automotive structures
- Emphasizes materials selection, properties and performance, design solutions, and manufacturing techniques
- Features case studies of successful applications of biocomposites in automotive structures
Those researching materials development and industrial design engineers
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 26th November 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
S.M. Sapuan is a Professor of Composite Materials at Universiti Putra Malaysia. He earned his B.Eng degree in Mechanical Engineering from University of Newcastle, Australia in 1990, MSc from Loughborough University, UK in 1994 and Ph.D from De Montfort University, UK in 1998. His research interests include natural fiber composites, materials selection and concurrent engineering. To date he has authored or co-authored more than 1300 publications international journals (629 papers), books (17), edited books (13), chapters in books (91) and conference proceedings/seminars (597 papers).S.M. Sapuan was the recipient of Rotary Research Gold Medal Award 2012, The Alumni Medal for Professional Excellence Finalist, 2012 Alumni Awards, University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia, Khwarizmi International Award (KIA). In 2013 he was awarded with 5 Star Role Model Supervisor award by UPM. He has been awarded “Outstanding Reviewer” by Elsevier for his contribution in reviewing journal papers. He received Best Technical Paper Award in UMIMAS STEM International Engineering Conference in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. S.M. Sapuan was recognized as the first Malaysian to be conferred Fellowship by the US-based Society of Automotive Engineers International (FSAE) in 2015. He was the 2015/2016 recipient of SEARCA Regional Professorial Chair. In 2016 ranking of UPM researchers based on the number of citations and h-index by SCOPUS, he is ranked the 6th from 100 researchers. In 2017, he was awarded with IOP Outstanding Reviewer Award by Institute of Physics, UK, National Book Award, The Best Journal Paper Award, UPM, Outstanding Technical Paper Award, Society of Automotive Engineers International, Malaysia, and Outstanding Researcher Award, UPM. He also received in 2017 Citation of Excellence Award from Emerald, UK, SAE Malaysia the Best Journal Paper Award, IEEE/TMU Endeavour Research Promotion Award, Best Paper Award by Chinese Defence Ordnance and Malaysia’s Research Star Award (MRSA), from Elsevier.
Professor of Composite Materials, Universiti Putra, Malaysia
R.A. Ilyas received his Diploma in Forestry at Universiti Putra Malaysia, Bintulu Campus (UPMKB), Sarawak, Malaysia from Mei 2009 to April 2012. In 2012, he was awarded the Public Service Department (JPA) scholarship to pursue his bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Chemical Engineering at Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM). Upon completing his BSc. programme in 2016, he was again awarded the Graduate Research Fellowship (GRF) by the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) to undertake a PhD degree in the field of Biocomposite Technology & Design at Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP) UPM. His main research interests are: (1) Polymer Engineering (Biodegradable Polymers, Biopolymers, Polymer composites, Polymer-gels) and (2) Material Engineering (Natural fiber reinforced polymer composites, Biocomposites, Cellulose materials, Nano-composites). He has authored and published more than 10 citation indexed journals on green materials related subjects. He also authored or co-authored 1 book, 5 book chapters as well as 5 conference proceedings/seminars.
Advanced Engineering and Material Composites Research Centre, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Universiti Putra, Malaysia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.