Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Application of Biocomposites in Automotive Components: A Review
M.S. Sapuan and R.A. Ilyas
2. Thermal Properties of Sugar Palm Yarn Reinforced Unsaturated Polyester Composites as an Alternative for Automotive Applications
Mohd Nurazzi Norizan, M.S. Sapuan and R.A. Ilyas
3. Macro- to Nanoscale Natural Fibre Composites for Automotive Components: Research, Development and Application
R.A Ilyas, Mohd Nurazzi Norizan and M.S. Sapuan
4. On the Improvement of Tribological Performance Using Treated Betelnut Fibre Reinforced Polyester (T-BFRP) and Teflon Composite for Automotive Applications
Umar Nirmal and Yuhazri M.Y.
5. Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Analysis of Composite Products in Automotive Application
Muhd Ridzuan Mansor
6. Development and Performance Analysis of Hybrid Composite Side Door Impact Beam: An Experimental Investigation
7. Performance Evaluation of Cellulose Nanofiber Reinforced Polypropylene Biocomposites for Automotive Applications
M. N.F. Norrrahim, M.S. Sapuan and R.A Ilyas
8. Crashworthiness of Circular Tube of Kenaf Fibre Composite for Automotive Application
9. Unidirectional Oil Palm Empty Fruit Bunch (OPEFB) Fibre/Epoxy Composites Car Bumper Beam: Effects of Different Fibre Orientation on its Crash Performance
Hassan Cik Suhana
10. Synthetic/Natural Fibres Composites for Aircraft Engine Fire Designated Zones and its Potential Application in Automotive Engines
Abd Rahim Abu Talib and Ibrahim Mohammed
11. Wheels in the Automotive Industry: A Case Study Towards the Development of Magnesium Based Composite Wheels
Sameer Kumar Devarakonda
12. Composites and Biocomposites for Noise and Vibration Control in Automotive Structures
Jorge P. Arenas
13. State of Art Review on Green Composites for Automotive Applications
R.A. Ilyas and M.S. Sapuan
14. Effect of Heat and Moisture on Mechanical Performance of Composite Materials Used in Automotive Structures
15. Application of Polymer Composite Materials in Motorcycles: A Comprehensive Review
M.S. Sapuan, S. F.K. Sherwani and R.A Ilyas
Biocomposite and Synthetic Composites for Automotive Applications provides a detailed review of advanced macro and nanocomposite materials and structures, and discusses their use in the transport industry, specifically for automotive applications. This book covers materials selection, properties and performance, design solutions, and manufacturing techniques. A broad range of different material classes are reviewed with emphasis on advanced materials and new research pathways where composites can be derived from agricultural waste in the future, as well as the development and performance of hybrid composites.
The book is an essential reference resource for those researching materials development and industrial design engineers who need a detailed understanding of materials usage in transport structures. Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) analysis of composite products in automotive applications is also discussed, and the effect of different fiber orientation on crash performance. Synthetic/natural fiber composites for aircraft engine fire-designated zones are linked to automotive applications. Additional chapters include the application and use of magnesium composites compared to biocomposites in the automotive industry; autonomous inspection and repair of aircraft composite structures via vortex robot technology and its application in automotive applications; composites in a three-wheeler (tuk tuk); and thermal properties of composites in automotive applications.
- Covers advanced macro and nanocomposites used in automotive structures
- Emphasizes materials selection, properties and performance, design solutions, and manufacturing techniques
- Features case studies of successful applications of biocomposites in automotive structures
Those researching materials development and industrial design engineers
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 24th November 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
S.M. Sapuan is a professor of composite materials at the Universiti Putra Malaysia. He earned his PhD from De Montfort University, United Kingdom in 1998. His research interests include natural fiber composites, materials selection, and concurrent engineering. To date, he has authored or coauthored more than 1521 publications [730 papers published/accepted in national and international journals, 16 authored books, 25 edited books, 153 chapters in books, and 597 conference proceedings/seminar papers/presentation (28 of which are plenary and keynote lectures and 66 of which are invited lectures)].
Professor of Composite Materials, Universiti Putra, Malaysia
R.A. Ilyas received his Diploma in Forestry at Universiti Putra Malaysia, Bintulu Campus (UPMKB), Sarawak, Malaysia from Mei 2009 to April 2012. In 2012, he was awarded the Public Service Department (JPA) scholarship to pursue his bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Chemical Engineering at Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM). Upon completing his BSc. programme in 2016, he was again awarded the Graduate Research Fellowship (GRF) by the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) to undertake a PhD degree in the field of Biocomposite Technology & Design at Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP) UPM. His main research interests are: (1) Polymer Engineering (Biodegradable Polymers, Biopolymers, Polymer composites, Polymer-gels) and (2) Material Engineering (Natural fiber reinforced polymer composites, Biocomposites, Cellulose materials, Nano-composites). He has authored and published more than 10 citation indexed journals on green materials related subjects. He also authored or co-authored 1 book, 5 book chapters as well as 5 conference proceedings/seminars.
Advanced Engineering and Material Composites Research Centre, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Universiti Putra, Malaysia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.