* Organized into two volumes, comprising 32 chapters and containing the latest research in the field
* Biological content is emphasized: for example, macromolecular structures and enzyme action are discussed
Table of Contents
- Volume 1:
The Scene of Action.
Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins.
Determining Structures and Analyzing Cells.
Sugars, Polysaccharides, and Glycoproteins.
The Nucleic Acids.
Thermodynamics and Biochemical Equilibria.
How Macromolecules Associate.
Lipids, Membranes, and Cell Coats.
Enzymes: The Catalysts of Cells.
An Introduction to Metabolism.
The Regulation of Enzymatic Activity.
Transferring Groups by Displacement Reactions.
Enzymatic Addition, Elimination, and Isomerization.
Coenzymes: Nature's Special Reagents.
Coenzymes of Oxidation and Reduction.
Transition Metals in Catalysis and Transport.
- No. of pages: 937
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2001
- Published: March 23, 2001
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080924700
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Biochemistry"