Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Functional roles of lipids in membranes (W. Dowhan, M. Bogdanov)
2. Lipid modifications of proteins (N.A. Baumann, A.K. Menon)
3. Fatty acid and phospholipid metabolism in prokaryotes (R.J. Heath, S. Jackowski, C.O. Rock)
4. Lipid metabolism in plants (K.M. Schmid, J.B. Ohlrogge)
5. Oxidation of fatty acids in eukaryotes (H. Schulz)
6. Fatty acid synthesis in eukaryotes (V.S. Rangan, S. Smith)
7. Fatty acid desaturation and chain elongation in eukaryotes (H.W. Cook, C.R. McMaster)
8. Phospholipid biosynthesis in eukaryotes (D.E. Vance)
9. Ether-linked lipids and their bioactive species (F. Snyder, Ten-ching Lee, R.L. Wykle)
10. Adipose tissue and lipid metabolism (D.A. Bernlohr, A.E. Jenkins, A.A. Bennaars)
11. Phospholipases (D.C. Wilton, M. Waite)
12. Glycerolipids in signal transduction (L.C. McPhail)
13. The eicosanoids: cyclooxygenase, lipoxygenase, and epoxygenase pathways (W.L. Smith, R.C. Murphy)
14. Sphingolipids: metabolism and cell signaling (A.H. Merrill Jr., K. Sandhoff)
15. Cholesterol biosynthesis (L. Liscum)
16. Metabolism and function of bile acids (L.B. Agellon)
17. Lipid assembly into cell membranes (D.R. Voelker)
18. Lipoprotein structure (A. Jonas)
19. Assembly and secretion of lipoproteins (J.E. Vance)
20. Dynamics of lipoprotein transport in the human circulatory system (P.E. Fielding, C.J. Fielding)
21. Lipoprotein receptors (W.J. Schneider)
22. Lipids and atherosclerosis (I. Tabas)
The first edition of this book was published in 1985. The content of the 4th edition reflects the enormous advances that have occurred since that time in the field of lipid biochemistry. This publication is unique in that it represents a bridge between the superficial coverage of the lipid field found in basic biochemistry text books and the highly specialized material contained in scientific review articles and monographs. The book is not a collection of exhaustive reviews, but a current and readable summary of diverse aspects of lipids. It is intended as an advanced and up-to-date textbook for teachers and students who are familiar with the basic concepts of lipid biochemistry and will also serve as a general reference book for scientists studying lipids, lipoproteins and membranes.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2002
- 6th December 2002
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"...this is one of a select group of books in the lipid field that I would expect to find in every biological library.!" --Lipid Technology Newsletter
"...I would recommend this book both for students who have already taken an introductory course in biochemistry and for scientists researching lipids, lipoproteins and biomembranes." --Journal of Plant Physiology
CIHR Group on Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, 328 Heritage Medical Research Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Lipid and Lipoprotein Research Group, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.