Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Biobased Products and Industries fills the gap between academia and industry by covering all the important aspects of biobased products and their relevant industries in one single reference. Highlighting different perspectives of the bioeconomy, EU relevant projects, as well as the environmental impact of biobased materials and sustainability, the book covers biobased polymers, plastics, nanocomposites, packaging materials, electric devices, biofuels, textiles, consumer goods, and biocatalysis for the decarboxylation and decarboxylation of biobased molecules, including biobased products from alternative sources (algae) and the biobased production of chemicals through metabolic engineering.
Focusing on the most recent advances in the field, the book also analyzes the potentiality of already commercialized processes and products.
- Highlights the important aspects of biobased products as well as their relevant industries in one single reference
- Focuses on the most recent advances in the field, analyzing the potentiality of already commercialized processes and products
- Provides an ideal resource for anyone dealing with bioresource technology, biomass valorization and new products development
Chemical engineers, bioresource technologists, agriculturalists, new product developers, environmental scientists, engineers and technologists, researchers and academics in the chemical, food and environmental industry
- Overview of biobased industries
2. Development perspectives of the biobased economy
3. Government regulation of bio-based fuels and chemicals
5. Biobased production of chemicals through metabolic engineering
6. Algae for the production of biobased products
7. Biobased products from wood materials
8. Biobased packaging materials
9. Biobased electric devices
10. Biobased textile coatings and composites
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 27th January 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Charis M. Galanakis is a multidisciplinary scientist in agricultural sciences as well as food and environmental science, technology, and sustainability, with experience in both industry and academia. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories in Chania, Greece, an adjunct professor of King Saud University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and the director of Food Waste Recovery Group (SIG5) of ISEKI Food Association in Vienna, Austria. He pioneered the new discipline of food waste recovery and has established the most prominent innovation network in the field. He also serves as a senior consultant for the food industry and expert evaluator for international and regional funded programs and proposals. He is an editorial board member of Food and Bioproducts Processing, Food Research International, Foods, and Molecules, has edited over 30 books, and has published hundreds of research articles, reviews, monographs, chapters, and conference proceedings.
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.