The book has six sections:
- Section I deals with the physicochemical principles. Two new chapters: Complexations and ICH Guidelines for Stability Testing, have been added to make it more informative.
- Section II conveys the information regarding pharmaceutical unit operations and processes.
- Section III describes the area of pharmaceutical practice. Extensive recent updates have been included in many chapters of this section. Two new chapters: Parenteral Formulations and New Drug Delivery Systems, have been added.
- Section IV contains radioactivity principles and applications.
- Section V deals with microbiology and animal products.
- Section VI contains the formulation and packaging aspects of pharmaceuticals. Pilot Plant Manufacturing concepts are added as a new chapter, which may be beneficial to readers to understand the art of designing of a plant from the pilot plant model.