PART I: GENERAL PRINCIPLES
1. Historic Perspectives
2. Anatomical Landmarks for Soft Tissue Massage – NEW!
3. Essential Requirements for Soft Tissue Manipulation
4. Classification, Definitions, and Descriptions of the Basic Massage Strokes and Relaxed Passive Movements
5. Mechanical, Physiological, Psychological, and Therapeutic Effects of Soft Tissue Manipulation
PART II: PRACTICE
6. Soft Tissue Manipulation Techniques as an Evaluation Tool
7. General Massage Sequences
8. Local Massage Sequences
9. Focal Massage Sequences – NEW!
10. Massage for the Patient with a Respiratory Condition
11. Connective Tissue Massage (CTM)
12. Decongestive Therapy for the Treatment of Lymphedema – NEW!
13. Massage in Sport – NEW!
14. Massage for the Baby and Infant – NEW!
15. Massage in Palliative Care – NEW!
16. Soft Tissue Manipulation in Complementary/Alternative Medicine (CAM) – NEW!
17. Eastern Systems of Soft Tissue Manipulation
Appendix: Closed Chest (External) Cardiac Massage