Get more out of your biochemistry review with Baynes and Dominiczak’s Medical Biochemistry Flash Cards! 224 clinically focused, full-color cards not only prepare you for exams, but also help you apply what you’ve learned to your future medical practice. Quick and easy to use, these portable and versatile flash cards are extremely effective for learning and retaining challenging biochemistry content.
- Pick and choose which topics to study on the go – cards are hole-punched and include a handy ring for portability.
- Visualize challenging concepts and retain what you’ve learned with full-color images and short, clinically-focused summaries of key information on each card.
- Go directly to Baynes and Dominiczak’s Medical Biochemistry, 3rd Edition textbook for more information with convenient page references on every card.
- Learn more efficiently and effectively with cards that clearly follow the familiar chapter format of your textbook.
- Access the cards from any computer or mobile device and download images at www.studentconsult.com.
1 OverviewAA and proteins
2 Types of amino acids neutral, basic acidic
3 HH and ionization pK; HH and buffers
4 Protein structure- primary to quarternary
5 Techniques of protein separationCarbohydrates and lipids
6 Classification of carbohydrates
7 Fatty acids
9 Blood- components. Complete blood count.
10 Plasma proteins
12 The transport function of plasma
13 Heme, myoglobin and haemoglobin Oxygen- pressures
14 Allosterism, Bohr effect 2,3-DPGEnzymes
15 Energy and Classification
16 Enzymes and disease
17 Enzyme kinetics. Enzyme inhibiton
18 Enzyme regulation
19 Overview. Causes of excessive bleeding Platelets
23 Modes of transport
24 Primary active transporters Glucose transporters
25 Calcium transport and muscle contraction
26 Acid secretion in the stomachBioenergetics
27 The process of oxidation of fuels Reduced coenzymes and ATP
28 Oxidative phosphorylation
29 ATP synthase
30 Electron shuttles
31 Inhibitors and uncouplers
32 GI tract and digestion
33 Digestion of carbohydrates
34 Digestion of lipids
35 Digestion of proteinsMicronutrients
36 Fat soluble vitamins
37 Water soluble vitamins
38 Vit B12
39 Trace elements
40 Glycolysis- investment stage
41 Glycolysis- yield stage
42 Glycolysis and other pathways
43 Pentose phosphate pathway- the redox
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 4th September 2012
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Clinical Biochemistry and Medical Humanities, University of Glasgow; Consultant Biochemist, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde; Department of Biochemistry, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow, UK