Basic Pharmacology for Nurses is a modern classic. Known for its impeccably accurate drug content and practical applications of the nursing process, this trusted text consistently emphasizes health promotion through monitoring and patient education. Introductory units ground your knowledge in the basic principles of pharmacology and medication administration, while subsequent body-system units prepare you to apply the nursing process to every major disorder.
- UNIQUE! Two-tiered application of the nursing process provides the general principles of care, along with specific nursing implications for each drug class or individual drug.
- Meticulously accurate and updated drug content keeps the book in step with the latest FDA approvals, withdrawals, and changes in therapeutic uses.
- UNIQUE! Introduction to Cardiovascular Disease and Metabolic Syndrome sets the stage for an understanding of the progression of cardiovascular disease and the pharmacologic treatment of that progression.
- UNIQUE! Patient Teaching boxes equip you for health teaching related to medications.
- LPN Threads design presents information in an easy to understand and visually engaging manner.
Unit 1: Foundations of Pharmacology
- Drug Definitions, Standards, and Information Sources
- Basic Principles of Drug Action and Drug Interactions
- Drug Action across the Life Span
- The Nursing Process and Pharmacology
- Patient Education to Promote Health
- A Review of Arithmetic
- Principles of Medication Administration and Medication Safety
- Percutaneous Administration
- Enteral Administration
- Parenteral Administration: Safe Preparation of Parenteral Medications
- Parenteral Administration: Intradermal, Subcutaneous, and Intramuscular Routes
- Parenteral Administration: Intravenous Route
- Drugs That Affect the Central Nervous System
- Drugs Used for Sleep
- Drugs Used for Parkinson’s Disease
- Drugs Used for Anxiety Disorders
- Drugs Used for Mood Disorders
- Drugs Used for Psychoses
- Drugs Used for Seizure Disorders
- Drugs Used for Pain Management
- Introduction to Cardiovascular Disease and Metabolic Syndrome
- Drugs Used to Treat Dyslipidemias
- Drugs Used to Treat Hypertension
- Drugs Used to Treat Dysrhythmias
- Drugs Used to Treat Angina Pectoris
- Drugs Used to Treat Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Drugs Used
Unit 2: Illustrated Atlas of Medication Administration and Math Review
Unit 3: Drugs That Affect the Autonomic and Central Nervous Systems
Unit 4: Drugs That Affect the Cardiovascular System
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2013
- 26th November 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, Butler University. Indianapolis, IN