- The 5-step nursing process provides you with a constant framework for all the clinical chapters.
- Unique! Improved readability makes it easy to understand key concepts.
- Care Plans demonstrate the application of the 5-step nursing process to individual patient problems.
- Companion CD helps you learn and apply textbook content with tutorials, audio glossaries, and video clips highlighting different skills.
- Audio chapter summaries allow for easy content review, even on the go.
- English/Spanish audio glossary provides definitions and explanations of key terms.
- Unique! Video icons direct you to videos of skills on the Evolve website for additional practice.
- Each skill includes unexpected outcomes and related interventions to alert you to what might go wrong and how to react.
- Key terms reinforce key points in the text and familiarize you with the language of nursing and health care.
- Unique! Synthesis in Practice boxes tie case studies to appropriate theory, helping you gain insight into the how? and why? of nursing care.
- Unique! Evaluation boxes provide you with a follow-up to case studies and help you relate the situation to actual practice.
- Best Practice boxes relate how research can be applied to everyday practice.
- Patient Teaching boxes instruct you how to best teach a patient about self-care.
- Care of the Older Adult boxes highlight changes that occur with aging and how they affect delivery of nursing care.
- Cultural Focus boxes
UNIT ONE: CONCEPTS IN NURSING
1. Health and Wellness
2. The Health Care Delivery System
3. Community-Based Nursing Practice
4. Legal Principles in Nursing
6. Evidence-Based Practice NEW!
UNIT TWO: PROCESSES IN NURSING CARE
7. Critical Thinking
8. Nursing Process
9. Informatics and Documentation
11. Patient Education
12. Managing Patient Care
UNIT THREE: ESSENTIALS FOR NURSING PRACTICE
13. Infection Prevention and Control
14. Vital Signs
15. Health Assessment and Physical Examination
16. Administering Medications
17. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balances
UNIT FOUR: PROMOTING PSYCHOSOCIAL HEALTH
18. Caring in Nursing Practice
19. Cultural Diversity
20. Spiritual Health
21. Growth and Development
22. Self-Concept and Sexuality
23. Family Context in Nursing
24. Stress and Coping
25. Loss and Grief
UNIT FIVE: PROMOTING PHYSICAL HEALTH
26. Exercise and Activity
31. Pain Management
33. Urinary Elimination
34. Bowel Elimination
36. Skin Integrity and Wound Care
37. Sensory Alterations
38. Surgical Patient