- Over 200 flash cards packaged free with the text make it easier to memorize terms.
- Clear, conversational approach makes it easier to learn and understand medical terminology.
- Integrated exercises test your knowledge and provide instant feedback on your progress.
- Time Out review sections are included after every four chapters to provide the opportunity to review material at regular intervals.
- Evolve resources include activities, games, an audio program, a 5,000-term English/Spanish med term glossary, and gradable, e-mailable quizzes.
- FYI boxes offer practical information and interesting med term facts.
2. Directional Terms, Planes, Regions, and Quadrants
3. Integumentary System, Colors, and Plural Endings
4. Respiratory System
Time Out 1-4
5. Urinary System
6. Reproductive Systems
7. Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
8. Digestive System
Time Out 5-8
9. Eye and Ear
10. Musculoskeletal System
11. Nervous System
12. Endocrine System
Time Out 9-12
A: Word Parts Presented in Basic Medical Language
B: Abbreviations – Including Error-Prone Abbreviations List
C: Answers to Exercises
Appendices on Evolve
D: Additional Combining Forms, Prefixes, and Suffixes NEW!
E: Electronic Health Record Terms NEW!
F: Pharmacology Terms NEW!
G: Behavioral Health Terms NEW!
H: Dental Terms NEW!
I: Complementary and Alternative Medicine Therapies
J: Nutritional Terms NEW!
K: Health Care Delivery Terms NEW!