Understand all the essential concepts in immunology with Basic Immunology: Functions and Disorders of the Immune System! This concise, focused text provides you with an up-to-date, accessible introduction to the workings of the human immune system.
- Efficiently master the immunology information you need through clinically focused content, logically organized by mechanism.
- Apply what you've learned to real-world situations by referencing the appendix of clinical cases.
- Enhance your learning with the help of numerous full-color illustrations and useful tables, as well as summary boxes, review questions, and a glossary of immunology terms.
- Study immunology anywhere! Online access to www.StudentConsult.com opens the door to an enhanced e-book and ancillary components!
- Introduction to the Immune System
2. Innate Immunity
3. Antigen Capture and Presentations to Lymphocytes
4. Antigen Recognition in the Adaptive Immune System
5. Cell-Mediated Immune Responses
6. Effector Mechanisms of Cell-Mediated Immunity
7. Humoral Immune Responses
8. Effector Mechanisms of Humoral Immunity
9. Immunologic Tolerance and Autoimmunity
10. Immune Responses Against Tumors and Transplants
11. Hypersensitivity Diseases
12. Congenital and Acquired Immunodeficiencies
Appendix I: Principal Features of CD Molecules
Appendix II: Glossary
Appendix III: Clinical Cases
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2014
- 13th November 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Professor of Medicine and Health Sciences and Technology, Harvard Medical School, Ragon Institute of Massachusetts General Hospital, MIT and Harvard, Boston, Massachusetts
"The book is another of the successful endeavours of the authors to teach basic immunology to beginners and summarise the main concepts of science in an easily readable way...Basic Immunology is an excellent up-to-date piece of work that covers all the major topics of immunology. The text is comprehensible and the concepts are written in a way that will satisfy the non-specialist reader and will keep their interest high till the end...To sum up, this is fine textbook, addressed mainly to those of a non-immunological background...it is a good start for undergraduate students or the general public who wish to make their first attempt to grasp immunological concepts."
British Society of Immunology, May 2013