Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Basic Equations of Mass Transport Through a Membrane Layer, Second Edition, has been fully updated to deliver the latest research in the field. This volume covers the essentials of compound separation, product removal, concentration, and production in the chemical, biochemical, pharmaceutical, and food industries. It outlines the various membrane processes and their applications, offering a detailed mathematical description of mass transport and defining basic mass transport and concentration distribution expressions. Additionally, this book discusses the process parameters and application of the expressions developed for a variety of industrial applications. Comprehensive explanations of convective/diffusive mass transport are provided, both with and without polarization layers, that help predict and process performance and facilitate improvements to operation conditions and efficiency.
Basic Equations of Mass Transport Through a Membrane Layer is an ideal resource for engineers and technologists in the chemical, biochemical, and pharmaceutical industries, as well as researchers, professors, and students in these areas at both an undergraduate and graduate level.
- Cites and analyzes mass transport equations developed for different membrane processes.
- Examines the effect of biochemical/chemical reactions in the presence of convective and diffusive flows in plane and cylindrical spaces.
- Defines the mass transfer rate for first- and zero-order reactions and analytical approaches are given for other-order reactions in closed mathematical forms.
- Analyzes the simultaneous convective and diffusive transports with same or different directions.
Engineers, technologists, technical developing engineers in the biochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical and food industry; professors, teachers at technical universities and high school teachers as well as researchers in Institutes and industries; University and high school students
1. Membrane Materials, Characterization, and Transport Properties
2. Membrane Materials, Structures, and Modules
3. Mass Transport Through a Membrane Layer
4. Molecular Diffusion
5. Diffusion Through a Plane Membrane Layer
6. Diffusion Accompanied by Chemical Reaction Through a Plane Sheet
7. Diffusive Plus Convective Mass Transport Through a Plane Membrane Layer
8. Diffusive Plus Convective Mass Transport With Chemical Reaction Through a Plane Membrane Layer
9. Diffusion in a Cylindrical Membrane Layer
10. Mass Transport in the Presence of a Fouling Layer
11. Membrane Contactors
12. Transport of Fluid Phase in a Capillary Membrane
13. Membrane Reactor
14. Membrane Bioreactor
17. Forward Osmosis
18. Membrane Gas Separation
19. Membrane Distillation
20. Reverse Osmosis
21. Pressure-Retarded Osmosis (PRO) Process
22. In Conclusion
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 8th November 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Endre Nagy is Scientific Adviser at the Research Institute of Biomolecular and Chemical Engineering, University of Pannonia, Hungary. His key research areas are membranes and membranes kinetics, and catalysis and biocatalysis related to the design of biocatalytic membrane systems. Emeritus Professor Nagy has contributed to almost 260 publications, 170 lectures at international conferences, and four patents.
Director, Research Institute of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Pannonia, Hungary