Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Introductory remarks: Catechol-O-methyltransferase inhibition: an innovative approach to enhance L-dopa therapy in Parkinson’s disease with dual enzyme inhibition
- The catechol-O-methyltransferase gene, its regulation and polymorphisms
- Distribution and functions of catechol-O-methyltransferase proteins: do recent findings change the picture?
- Catechol-O-methyltransferase enzyme: Cofactor S-adenosyl-L-methionine and related mechanisms
- Biochemistry and pharmacology of catechol-O-methyltrasferase inhibitors
- The Chemistry of Catechol-O-methyltransferase Inhibitors
- Toxicology and safety of COMT inhibitors
- Catechol-O-methyltransferase inhibitors in preclinical models as adjuncts of the L-dopa treatment
- Problems with the present inhibitors and a relevance of new and improved COMT inhibitors in Parkinson’s disease
- Catechol-O-methyltransferase and pain
Elizabeth M. Tunbridge
Timo T. Myöhänen & Pekka T. Männistö
Erkki Nissinen and Pekka T. Männistö
David A. Learmonth, László E. Kiss and Patrício Soares-da-Silva
Concepció Marin, J.A. Obeso
Oleg Kambur & Pekka T. Männistö
Volume 95 of International Review of Neurobiology focuses on Catechol-O-methyltransferase inhibition, and its clinical application in relation to Parkinson’s disease. Chapters cover COMT gene and proteins, L-dopa treatment in Parkinson’s disease, the latest research on COMT inhibitors and their clinical applications, as well as future prospects for their use.
- Up-to-date summary of biochemistry and pharmacology of COMT and its inhibitors
- Preclinical models in COMT inhibitor devlopment
- Transgenic COMT mice – latest information summarized
- Chemistry of COMT inhibitors and their design with molecular modelling
- COMT gene and its regulation and relation to dopamine related diseases
- Role of cofactor SAM regulation in relation to homocysteine
- Nonclinical and clinical safety of COMT inhibitors summarized
- Future prospects of COMT inhibitors in Parkinson’s disease
Neuroscientists, neurologists, psychologists, gerontologists
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2010
- 2nd December 2010
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Orion Corporation, Espoo, Finland
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.