- Reviews the early years of research and the discovery of type IV collagen
- Presents the diversity of basement membrane morphology
- Discusses gene structure
Table of Contents
- Section I. Biology of Basement Membranes.
1. Early Years of Basement Membrane Research.
2. Morphology and Ultrastructutre of Basement Membranes.
3. Basement Membranes in Development.
4. Functions of Basement Membranes.
Section II. Chemistry and Metabolism of Basement Membranes.
5. Structural Macromolecules: Type IV Collagen.
6. Structural Macromolecules: Laminins, Entactin/Nidogen, Proteoglycans (Perlecan, Agrin)
7. Minor Proteins of Basement Membranes. Minor Collagens of the basement Membrane Zone.
8. Biosynthesis of Basement Membrane Macromolecules.
9. Internal Organization of Basement Membranes.
10. Contacts of Basement Membrane Molecules with Cell Membranes.
Section III. Alterations of Basement Membranes in Pathologic and Physiologic States.
11. Immune-Mediated Diseases Involving Basement Membranes.
12. Genetically Mediated and Acquired Basement Membrane Disorders.
13. Biological Properties of Peptides Arising from Type IV Collagen and other Basement Membrane Proteins.
- No. of pages: 448
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2005
- Published: October 24, 2005
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780121533564
About the Authors
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Basement Membranes: Cell and Molecular Biology"