- Written by one of the codiscoverers of the Cooper-Helmstetter model
- Applies the results of research on E. coli to other groups, including Caulobacter, Bacilli, Streptococci, and eukaryotes; the Caulobacter reanalysis highlights significant similarities with the E. coli system
- Presents a unified description of the bacterial division cycle with relevance to eukaryotic systems
- Addresses the concepts of the Copenhagen School in a new and original way
Table of Contents
A General Model of the Bacterial Division Cycle.
Experimental Analysis of the Bacterial Division Cycle.
Cytoplasm Synthesis during the Division Cycle.
DNA Replication during the Bacterial Division Cycle.
Synthesis of the Cell Surface during the Division Cycle.
Density and Turgor during the Division Cycle.
Variability of the Division Cycle.
The Segregation of DNA and the Cell Surface.
Transitions and the Bacterial Life Cycle.
The Division Cycle of Caulobacter crescentus.
Growth and Division of Streptococcus.
Growth and Division of Bacillus.
The Growth Law and Other Topics.
The Eukaryotic Division Cycle.
Conservation Laws of the Division Cycle.
- No. of pages: 501
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2012
- Published: February 26, 1991
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080917474
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Bacterial Growth and Division"