Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. An introduction to backstepping control
2. A new chaotic system without linear term, its backstepping control and circuit design
3. Analysis, adaptive backstepping control and microcontroller implementation of a 4-D hyperchaotic system with a hyperbolic sinusoidal nonlinearity
4. A new chaotic jerk system with egg-shaped strange attractor, its dynamical analysis, adaptive backstepping control and circuit simulation
5. A new 4-D chaotic hyperjerk system, its adaptive backstepping control and circuit realization
6. A simple chaotic jerk system with two quadratic nonlinear terms, its dynamic analysis, adaptive backstepping control and circuit realization
7. A highly hyperchaotic system with hidden attractor, its dynamic analysis, adaptive backstepping control and circuit simulation
8. A new 4-D hyperchaotic temperature model, its analysis, backstepping control and circuit simulation
9. A thermally excited chaotic oscillator, its dynamical analysis, backstepping control and circuit simulation
10. A plasma-torch chaotic oscillator, its analysis, backstepping control and circuit simulation
11. A novel design approach for finite-time fractional-order adaptive intelligent backstepping control of uncertain fractional-order chaotic systems
12. A novel design approach for adaptive intelligent backstepping controller for fractional-order uncertain chaotic systems with unknown time-varying delay
13. Direct power control of three phase PWM-rectifier with backstepping control
14. Adaptive backstepping controller of wind energy conversion system involving DFIG
15. Maximum power point tracking based backstepping control of a photovoltaic power generation system
16. Dynamic modeling, identification and a comparative experimental study on Position Control of a Pneumatic actuator based on soft switching and Backstepping-sliding mode controllers
17. Optimal adaptative backstepping control for chaos synchronization of nonlinear dynamical systems
18. A novel design approach to adaptive sliding mode backstepping control techniques for a high performance active vehicle suspension system
19. Backstepping controller for a nonlinear active suspension system
20. Single-Link Flexible Joint Manipulator Control Using Backstepping Technique
21. Backstepping control and synchronization techniques for time delayed chaotic and hyperchaotic systems
22. Multi-switching synchronization of Nonlinear Hyperchaotic Systems via Backstepping Control
23. Backstepping-based chaos control and synchronization in fractional order Bhalekar-Gejji chaotic system
24. A new 5-D chaotic hyperjerk system with two saddle-foci equilibrium Points, its active backstepping control and circuit realization
25. Design and implementation of a backstepping controller for non-holonomic two-wheeled inverted pendulum mobile robots
Backstepping Control of Nonlinear Dynamical Systems addresses both the fundamentals of backstepping control and advances in the field. The latest techniques explored include ‘active backstepping control’, ‘adaptive backstepping control’, ‘fuzzy backstepping control’ and ‘adaptive fuzzy backstepping control’. The reference book provides numerous simulations using MATLAB and circuit design. These illustrate the main results of theory and applications of backstepping control of nonlinear control systems. Backstepping control encompasses varied aspects of mechanical engineering and has many different applications within the field. For example, the book covers aspects related to robot manipulators, aircraft flight control systems, power systems, mechanical systems, biological systems and chaotic systems.
This multifaceted view of subject areas means that this useful reference resource will be ideal for a large cross section of the mechanical engineering community.
- Details the real-world applications of backstepping control
- Gives an up-to-date insight into the theory, uses and application of backstepping control
- Bridges the gaps for different fields of engineering, including mechanical engineering, aeronautical engineering, electrical engineering, communications engineering, robotics and biomedical instrumentation
researchers from academia and industry who are working in the research areas—control engineering, nonlinear systems, electrical engineering and nonlinear dynamics
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 15th August 2020
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
=Sundarapandian Vaidyanathan received his Doctor of Science degree in Electrical and Systems Engineering from Washington University in St. Louis, USA in 1996. He is currently professor at the Research and Development Centre, Vel Tech University at Avadi, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Previously, he was a Professor and Acting Director at the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala, Trivandrum, India. Prof. Vaidyanathan’s main research interests are Control Systems, Dynamical Systems, Chaos Theory, Intelligent Control, Systems Modelling and Computational Science. He has over 25 years of teaching and research experience. He has published over 475 research papers indexed by Scopus. He has published many text-books and edited research monographs for reputed publishers. Prof. Vaidyanathan is the Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Nonlinear Dynamics and Control (IJNDC), Inderscience, Olney, UK. He is an Associate Editor of International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics (IJIEI), Inderscience, Olney, UK. He is also an Associate Editor of International Journal of Automation and Control (IJAAC), Inderscience, Olney, UK. Prof. Vaidyanathan has guest-edited many Special Issues for Inderscience and Hindawi journals. Prof. Vaidyanathan is in the Editorial Boards of many reputed international journals. In the SciVal-Scopus World Rankings based on Field-Weighted Citation Impact (FWCI), Prof. Vaidyanathan is ranked #19 in Computer Science and #1 in Mathematics for the 5-years period (2014-2018). In March 2018, Careers-360 (India) conferred the Best Research Faculty Award in Computer Science in India to Prof. Vaidyanathan for the academic year 2017-2018 and he received this prestigious research award from Mr. Prakash Javadekar, Honourable Union Minister for Human Resource Development in India. Prof. Vaidyanathan has delivered plenary lectures on Control Systems, Scientific Computing and Chaos Theory in many international conferences. He has conducted several workshops on MATLAB and SCILAB in India and abroad.
Professor, Research and Development Centre, Vel Tech University, Avadi, Chennai-600 062, Tamil Nadu, India
Prof. Ahmad Azar has received the M.Sc. degree in 2006 and Ph.D degree in 2009 from Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt. He is a research associate Professor at Prince Sultan University, Riyadh, Kingdom Saudi Arabia. He is also an associate professor at the Faculty of Computers and Artificial intelligence, Benha University, Egypt. Prof. Azar is the Editor in Chief of International Journal of System Dynamics Applications (IJSDA) and International Journal of Service Science, Management, Engineering, and Technology (IJSSMET) published by IGI Global, USA. Also, he is the Editor in Chief of International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics (IJIEI), Inderscience Publishers, Olney, UK. Prof. Azar has worked as associate editor of IEEE Trans. Neural Networks and Learning Systems from 2013 to 2017. He is currently Associate Editor of ISA Transactios, Elsevier and IEEE systems journal. Dr. Ahmad Azar has worked in the areas of Control Theory & Applications, Process Control, Chaos Control and Synchronization, Nonlinear control, Renewable Energy, Computational Intelligence and has authored/coauthored over 200 research publications in peer-reviewed reputed journals, book chapters and conference proceedings. He is an editor of many books in the field of fuzzy logic systems, modeling techniques, control systems, computational intelligence, chaos modeling and machine learning. Dr. Ahmad Azar is closely associated with several international journals as a reviewer. He serves as international programme committee member in many international and peer-reviewed conferences. Dr. Ahmad Azar has been a senior member of IEEE since December 2013 due to his significant contributions to the profession. Dr. Ahmad Azar is the recipient of several awards including: Benha University Prize for Scientific Excellence (2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018), the paper citation award from Benha University (2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018). In June 2018, Prof. Azar was awarded the Egyptian State Prize in Engineering Sciences, the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology of Egypt, 2017. In July 2018 he was selected as a member of Energy and Electricity Research council, Academy of Scientific Research, Ministry of Higher Education. In August 2018 he was selected as senior member of International Rough Set Society (IRSS).
Research Associate Professor, Prince Sultan University, Riyadh, Kingdom Saudi Arabia; Associate Professor, Faculty of Computers and Artificial intelligence, Benha University, Egypt
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.