This unique one-of-a-kind book is a comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice of Ayurveda, and discusses the practical use of therapies such as diet, exercise, yoga, meditation, massage, and herbal remedies. The book also includes detailed information on Ayurvedic pharmacology and pharmacy, clinical methods and examinations, and general treatment protocols. Plus, a helpful section provides a comprehensive materia medica of 50 Indian herbs that include botanical descriptions, traditional Ayurvedic knowledge, constituent data and the latest medical research, as well as clinical indications, formulations, and dosages.
- Helpful full-color insert containing photos of the 50 herbs covered, alongside a ruler for scale, allows the reader to quickly identify herbs correctly.
- Includes useful appendices, including information on dietary and lifestyle regimens, Ayurvedic formulations, Ayurvedic weights and measures, glossaries on Ayurvedic terms, and medical substances.
- Unique contributions include a discussion of pathology, clinical methods, diagnostic techniques, and treatment methods from an Ayurvedic perspective.
Part One: Theory and Practice of Ayurveda
3. Constitution and Consciousness
4. The Physical Body
5. Ayurvedic Living
6. Pharmacology and Pharmacy
7. Food and Drink
8. Pathology and Disease
9. Clinical Methodology and Case History
10. Clinical Examination
11. Treatment of Disease
Part Two: Ayurvedic Materia medica
Appendix 1. Dietary and Lifestyle Regimens
Appendix 2. Ayurvedic Formulations
Appendix 3. Glossary of Ayurvedic Herbs, Minerals and Animal Products
Appendix 4. Ayurvedic Weights and Measures
Appendix 5. Glossary of Ayurvedic Terms
Appendix 6. Ayurvedic Resources
Bibliography and References
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2006
- 6th September 2006
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Ayurvedic Practitioner and Clinical Herbalist in private practice, Vancouver BC, Canada