2. Auxetic Structures
3. Auxetic Polymers and Fibres
4. Auxetic Yarns
5. Auxetic Fabrics based on Knitted Structures
6. Auxetic Fabrics based on Woven Structures
7. Auxetic Fabrics based on Non-Woven Structures
8. Auxetic Fabrics based on Braided Structures
9. Auxetic Fibre Reinforced Composites
10. Future Development of Auxetic Textiles
Auxetic Textiles provides a detailed introduction to the basic properties of auxetic materials and how they differ from conventional materials, particularly auxetic textiles, such as polymers, fibers, yarns, fabrics and textile composites. The book discusses the beneficial properties of auxetic structures in textiles and how to translate those benefits into actual materials development. Sections cover the deformation mechanism of textile structures to achieve auxetic behavior and the modelling and simulation of auxetic textile structures. Finally, the book provides expert insights into potential application areas.
Cutting across textiles disciplines, from technical textiles and advanced composites, to fashion and design, the book is a valuable introduction to the field for newcomers, with potent insights into the potential of these materials.
- Introduces the concept of auxetic materials and their differences from conventional materials
- Provides a practical guide to the mechanics of achieving auxetic properties in textile materials, including polymers, fibers, yarns, fabrics and composites
- Reviews and links up research and development in auxetic materials with the textile industry, helping enable the development of a range of new applications
Materials scientists and engineers involved in the manufacture of advanced/ functional technical textile materials. Industrial professionals in applications development with textile materials. Researchers of auxetic materials
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 1st August 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Hong Hu is a Professor in the Institute of Textiles and Clothing at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. For many years, he has been teaching and researching in knitting technology, textile composites, 3D textile structures and mechanics. He is internationally recognized for his research work on 3D textile structures for composite reinforcement and auxetic textile materials for technical applications.
Professor, Institute of Textiles and Clothing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Minglonghai Zhang graduated in Textile Engineering at Jiangnan University as BSc program and Textile Technology at the University of Manchester for MSc degree. He is currently doing PhD in the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and working with auxetic composites. Zhang used to do research about graphene composites and published one paper, got four authorised patents and one software copyright.
Researcher, Institute of Textiles and Clothing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Yanping Liu is an Associate Professor in the College of Textiles at Donghua University. His research interests lie in the development of new textile structures and processes with unusual properties for special applications such as impact protection, vibration isolation, and sound absorption using advanced experimental and numerical methods.
Associate Professor, College of Textiles, Donghua University