Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Autonomous Robot-Aided Optical Manipulation for Biological Cells gives a systematically and almost self-contained description of the many facets of modeling, sensing, and control techniques or experimentally exploring emerging trends in optical manipulation of biological cell in micro/nanorobotics systems.
To achieve biomedical applications, reliability design, modeling, and precision control are vitally important for the development of engineering systems. With the advances in modeling, sensing, and control techniques, it is opportunistic to exploit them for the benefit of reliability design, actuation, and precision control of micro/nanomanipulation systems to expanding the applications of robot at the micro and nano scales, especially in biomedical engineering.
This book presents new techniques in reliability modeling and advanced control of robot-aided optical manipulation of biological cells systems. The book will be beneficial to the researchers within robotics, mechatronics, biomedical engineering, and automatic control society, including both academic and industrial parts.
- Provides a series of latest results in, including but not limited to, design, sensing, actuation, modeling, and control of micro/nano manipulation system using optical tweezers
- Gives recent advances of theory, technological aspects, and applications of advanced sensing, actuation, modeling and control methodologies in biomedical engineering applications
- Offers simulation and experimental results in each chapter in order to reflect the biomedical engineering practice, yet demonstrate the main focus of the developed design, analysis and synthesis approaches
Mechanical engineers working on micro/nano systems. Biomedical engineers working on micro/nano manipulation systems. Control engineers working on micro/nano control systems. Postgraduate students majoring on biomedical engineering, mechatronics, robotics, and control engineering, mechanical engineering. Academics working on micro/nano robot, micro/nano manipulation, and biomedical science and medicine. Practitioners working on robotics systems. 3rd/4th-year students who are interested in knowing advances in robotics, micro/nano control systems, and robot-aided in biomedical applications
Section A: Principle of optical manipulation of biological cells
1. Principle of Optical Tweezers Trapping
2. Principle of Holographic Optical Tweezers coherence of the edited book volume
3. Modeling of robot-tweezers manipulation of biological cells
Section B: Autonomous Frameworks for Cell Position Control
4. Direct optical manipulation of biological cells
5. Indirect optical manipulation of biological cells
6. Advanced intelligent control techniques for cell position control
7. Advances cell orientation control
8. Integrated optical tweezers with other manipulation platforms
Section C: Case studies
9. Cell sorting, arraying, pairing and patterning using cell positioning techniques
10. Cell fusion using cell positioning techniques
11. Cell injection using combined cell positioning and reorientation techniques
12. Cell biopsy using combined cell positioning and reorientation techniques
13. Current challenges and future research directions of optical manipulation of biological cells
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st June 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Mingyang Xie. Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, College of Automation Engineering. Prof. Xie is one of the outstanding scholars in the field of micro/nanorobot and micro/nanomanipulation. He has been the pioneer in establishing autonomous frameworks to realize optical manipulation of cell position and orientation in 3D. Moreover, he is the pioneer in modeling and control of multiple degrees of freedom of cell rotational control both from the theoretical and experimental perspectives, and he is also the pioneer to develop an autonomous system to achieve controlled organelle extraction. Therefore, his work has recently brought a substantial impact on the field. As recognition for his significant contributions and success to both teaching and research, Prof. Xie has received several research awards, including IJCAS academic contribution award, innovative entrepreneurial talent issued by the Government of Jiangsu Province, China, editorial services for many high-quality journals. Prof. Xie has been funded as principal investigator in several projects in the areas of modeling and control of micro/nanomanipulation, cell transportation and orientation control, and cell-based engineering. Prof. Xie is currently the Associate Editor of the International Journal of Aerospace System Science and Engineering, Guest Editor of the International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. He is currently served as a reviewer of many top journals and conferences. He is the Senior member of IEEE.
Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, College of Automation Engineering, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.