Australian Library Supervision and Management
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Australian Library Supervision and Management is aimed at both students and practitioners at supervisory to middle management levels. It introduces management theory, but much of the theory is woven through the text, which emphasises practical issues and perspectives. Topics given special attention include skills required to implement and support participative management, team management, leadership, self management, change management, strategic planning, job design, performance measurement, negotiation and conflict resolution.The first edition of this book, published in 1995, was the first comprehensive text on the management of libraries written for the Australasian librarian and student. Reviews of the first edition considered it a "a valuable contribution to the literature" (Australian Library Journal). Such has been the demand for this book, especially from students of library and information management, that it has been reprinted several times (including an abridged version in 2000). This long-awaited second edition takes into account the changes in management theory and practice, and the issues confronting the library manager in the twenty-first century.
Students and practitioners at supervisory to middle management levels
Table of Contents
- Introduction to library supervision and management; Overview of library management theory; Organisational climate and culture and managing change; Total quality management; Roles of the supervisor and manager. Part 1 General functions of management: Objectives and policy development; Planning; Organising human resources; Evaluation. Part 2 Supervisory skills: Communication; Leading; Decision-making and problem solving; Team development and maintenance; Conflict resolution. Part 3 Human resources management: Introduction to human resources management; Job analysis, design and description; Recruitment and selection; Staff development; Personal and interpersonal skills. Part 4 Financial management: Financial management.
- No. of pages: 266
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2004
- Published: February 1, 2004
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- Paperback ISBN: 9781876938307
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Florida Orthopaedic Institute
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Australian Library Supervision and Management"