Health professionals from a wide range of backgrounds apply auriculotherapy to successfully relieve chronic pain and treat addictions. The most popular book on the subject, this practical handbook combines information on Chinese and French systems of ear acupuncture to offer treatment plans for over 250 medical conditions. Presenting the ear reflex points based on extensive research conducted at the UCLA Pain Management Center, it provides a standardized auricular nomenclature system for designating different anatomical zones of the ear, and it represents each ear reflex point with both a number and an auricular zone location.
- Detailed descriptions are offered on the principles and practice of auriculotherapy.
- Exceptionally illustrated, it features drawings and photos that are easily interpreted.
- A wide range of types and principles of ear acupuncture are presented.
- The author is a well-known and respected auriculotherapy teacher.
Overview and history of auriculotherapy
Theoretical basis of auriculotherapy
Anatomy of the auricle
Somatotopic representation on the ear
Nogier phases of auricular medicine
Auricular diagnosis procedures
Auriculotherapy treatment techniques
Auriculotherapy treatment protocols
Treatment protocol index
Index of ear reflex points
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2003
- 10th March 2003
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Chair, Department of Psychology and the Division of Behavioral Medicine, California Graduate Institute; Faculty member, Emperor’s College of Traditional Chinese Medicine; President, Centre for Oriental Medicine Research and Education, Los Angeles, CA