2010 PROSE Awards Honorable Mention, Clinical Medicine! John B. Tebbetts, MD, a pioneer in the field of breast augmentation, redefines the surgeon/patient experience in this comprehensive book. By exhaustively covering everything you need to know about breast augmentation, Dr. Tebbets allows for tightly focused guidance that is principle- rather than experienced-based, with numerous decision-making algorithms and outcome-based techniques, not just one-answer solutions. The book addresses topics that range from anesthesia and case studies of specific implants to practical matters like practice management. The included DVD is just as broad-based in its approach, containing not just dynamic video clips, but detailed operative scripts, the High FiveTM assessment and decision support system for implant selection and operative planning and the Patient education system for 24 hour recovery.
- Focuses exclusively on breast augmentation to make coverage as comprehensive as possible.
- Includes much-needed information on practice management, including patient consent, systems analysis, marketing, and data acquisitions.
- Addresses pre-, intra-, and postoperative care of patient for guidance from start to finish.
- Utilizes a separate chapter for each approach to breast augmentation: inframammary, axillary, periaereolar, or umbilical.
- Incorporates case studies of specific implants to help you make the right decision for your patients.
- Details TEPID (Tissue characteristics of the Envelope and Parenchyma, the Implant, and Dimensions and filler dynamics of the implant) system: the first three-dimensional modeling system for quantitating tissue characteristics.
- Comes with a bonus DVD that includes detailed intraoperative video of inframammary, axillary, and periareolar augmentation, dual plane augmentation techniques, customizable patient forms, and more.
- Provides 15 decision-making algorithms for all aspects of implant selection, surgery, and complications----the only published resource to do so.
3. An historical perspective – implants, surgeons, and the breast implant industry
4. Patient education and informed consent
5. Imaging of the breast – what pictures can and cannot do
6. Quantitating patients’ tissue characteristics – the key to taking augmentation to the next level and optimizing long-term outcomes
7. Data acquisition and management for breast augmentation – preoperative assessment
8. Breast implants and implant soft-tissue dynamics – the next level of surgeon understanding that determines long-term outcomes for the patient
9. Implant pocket locations for augmentation
10. Incision approaches for augmentation
11. Operative planning and implant selection
12. Implant volume selection based on tissue criteria – the TEPID TM system
13. Preoperative preparation and marking
14. Preoperative care and anesthesia for augmentation
15. Surgical techniques and instrumentation for augmentation: the essential principles
16. The inframammary approach for augmentation
17. The axillary approach for augmentation
18. The periareolar approach for augmentation
19. The umbilical approach for augmentation
20. Perioperative and postoperative care
21. Redefining patient recovery – 24-hour return to normal activities
22. Management of specific breast deformities and problems
23. Augmentation – mastopexy
24. Capsular contracture and tissue stretch: factors the patients and surgeon can’t control
25. Complications of breast augmentation: decisions and methods
26. Surgical facility design and management
27. Experience with saline anatomic breast implants – the McGhan Style 468
28. Experience with saline anatomic breast implants – the McGhan Style 410
29. The future: challenges and directions
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2010
- 10th November 2009
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
John B. Tebbetts, Private Practice, Dallas, TX