- Know what to do and expect with comprehensive coverage of almost every procedure you might need to perform.
- Find answers fast thanks to a consistent and logical chapter structure. (Indications, Surgical Anatomy, Preoperative Considerations, Operative Steps, Postoperative Considerations, Pearls & Pitfalls, and References)
- Review key techniques prior to performing surgery. Clinical images and 37 real-time video clips capture key moments in procedures including: surgical repair of a suprarenal aortic aneurysm; surgical repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm; endovascular treatment of aneurysms of the juxtarenal and pararenal aorta; surgical exposure and harvest of the femoropopliteal vein; and endovascular treatment of aortic arch vessels, subclavian and axillary artery.
- Visualize every procedure thanks to more than 1,000 full-color illustrations; including procedural photos and beautifully illustrated drawings that highlight the relevant anatomy and techniques in specific treatments.
- Prevent and plan for complications prior to a procedure thanks to a step-by-step approach to each procedure accompanied by relevant imaging studies.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about hot topics including: management of peripheral arterial disease; aortic aneurysms/aortic dissection; lower extremities/critical limb ischemia; and infra-inguinal occlusive disease.
- Access the fully searchable contents of the book and procedural videos online at Expert Consult.
Section 1: Surgical and Endovascular Techniques
General Principles of Vascular Surgery
General Principles of Sedation, Angiography, and Intravascular Ultrasound
General Principles of Endovascular Therapy: Access Site Management
General Principles of Endovascular Therapy: Guidewire, and Catheter Manipulation
General Principles of Endovascular Therapy: Angioplasty, Stenting, Recanalization, and Embolization
Section 2: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of Extracranial Cerebrovascular Disease
Eversion Endarterectomy and Special Problems in Carotid Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting
Carotid Body Tumor
Surgical Treatment of the Vertebral Artery
Section 3: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of Aortic Arch Vessels
Direct Surgical Repair of Aortic Arch Vessels
Extra-Anatomic Repair of Aortic Arch Vessels
Endovascular Treatment of Aortic Arch Vessels, Subclavian and Axillary Artery
Surgical Treatment of the Subclavian and Axillary Artery
Section 4: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of Upper Extremity Vascular Disease
Supraclavicular Approach for Surgical Treatment of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Transaxillary Rib Resection for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Endovascular Therapy for Subclavian-Axillary Vein Thrombosis
Section 5: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of the Thoracic Aorta
Direct Surgical Repair of Aneurysms of the Thoracic and Thoracoabdominal Aorta