Featuring an easy-to-access, highly visual approach, Atlas of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy offers the comprehensive, step-by-step guidance you need to achieve optimal outcomes in the treatment of venous disorders. Covering the full range of diseases/disorders most important to vascular surgeons, this full-color, one-volume, atlas presents over 100 common and complex procedures, including open and endovascular techniques, with an emphasis on anatomy and imaging studies as they apply to each technique.
- Know what to do and expect with comprehensive coverage of almost every procedure you might need to perform.
- Find answers fast thanks to a consistent and logical chapter structure. (Indications, Surgical Anatomy, Preoperative Considerations, Operative Steps, Postoperative Considerations, Pearls & Pitfalls, and References)
- Review key techniques prior to performing surgery. Clinical images and 37 real-time video clips capture key moments in procedures including: surgical repair of a suprarenal aortic aneurysm; surgical repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm; endovascular treatment of aneurysms of the juxtarenal and pararenal aorta; surgical exposure and harvest of the femoropopliteal vein; and endovascular treatment of aortic arch vessels, subclavian and axillary artery.
- Visualize every procedure thanks to more than 1,000 full-color illustrations; including procedural photos and beautifully illustrated drawings that highlight the relevant anatomy and techniques in specific treatments.
- Prevent and plan for complications prior to a procedure thanks to a step-by-step approach to each procedure accompanied by relevant imaging studies.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about hot topics including: management of peripheral arterial disease; aortic aneurysms/aortic dissection; lower extremities/critical limb ischemia; and infra-inguinal occlusive disease.
- Access the fully searchable contents of the book and procedural videos online at Expert Consult.
Section 1: Surgical and Endovascular Techniques
General Principles of Vascular Surgery
General Principles of Sedation, Angiography, and Intravascular Ultrasound
General Principles of Endovascular Therapy: Access Site Management
General Principles of Endovascular Therapy: Guidewire, and Catheter Manipulation
General Principles of Endovascular Therapy: Angioplasty, Stenting, Recanalization, and Embolization
Section 2: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of Extracranial Cerebrovascular Disease
Eversion Endarterectomy and Special Problems in Carotid Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting
Carotid Body Tumor
Surgical Treatment of the Vertebral Artery
Section 3: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of Aortic Arch Vessels
Direct Surgical Repair of Aortic Arch Vessels
Extra-Anatomic Repair of Aortic Arch Vessels
Endovascular Treatment of Aortic Arch Vessels, Subclavian and Axillary Artery
Surgical Treatment of the Subclavian and Axillary Artery
Section 4: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of Upper Extremity Vascular Disease
Supraclavicular Approach for Surgical Treatment of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Transaxillary Rib Resection for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Endovascular Therapy for Subclavian-Axillary Vein Thrombosis
Section 5: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of the Thoracic Aorta
Direct Surgical Repair of Aneurysms of the Thoracic and Thoracoabdominal Aorta
Endovascular Repair of the Aortic Arch and Thoracoabdominal Aorta
Endovascular Treatment of Thoracic Aneurysms
Endovascular Treatment of Aortic Dissection
Endovascular Treatment of Traumatic Thoracic Aortic Disruption
Section 6: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of the Abdominal Aorta and Iliac Arteries
Direct Surgical Repair of Aneurysms of the Infrarenal Abdominal Aorta and Iliac Arteries
Direct Surgical Repair of Juxtrarenal and Pararenal Aneurysms of the Abdominal Aorta
Endovascular Treatment of Aneurysms of the Intrarenal Aorta
Special Problems in the Endovascular Treatment of the Intrarenal Aorta
Endovascular Treatment of Aneurysms of the Juxatrenal and Pararenal Aorta
Direct Surgical Repair of Aortoiliac Occlusive Disease
Extra-Anatomic Repair of Aortoiliac Occlusive Disease
Endovascular Treatment of Aortoiliac Occlusive Disease
Special Problems in the Endovascular Treatment of Aortoiliac Occlusive Disease
Section 7: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of Late Aortic Graft Complications
Surgical Treatment of an Aortic Graft Infection
The NAIS Procedure for Treatment of an Aortic Graft Infection
Surgical Treatment of Pseudoaneurysm of the Femoral Artery
Section 8: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of Renal Artery Disease
Direct Surgical Repair of Renovascular Disease
Extra-anatomic Repair for Renovascular Disease
Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of Renal Artery Disease
Endovascular Treatment of Renal Artery Aneurysms
Section 9: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of Superior Mesenteric and Celiac Artery Disease
Direct Surgical Repair for Celiac Axis and Superior Mesenteric Artery Occlusive Disease
Endovascular Treatment of Occlusive Superior Mesenteric Artery Disease
Direct Surgical Repair of Visceral Artery Aneurysms
Endovascular Treatment of Hepatic, Gastroduodenal, Pancreaticoduodenal, and Splenic Artery Aneurysms
Section 10: Surgical and Endovascular Treatment of Lower Extremity Arterial Disease
Open Surgical Bypass of Femoral-Popliteal Arterial Occlusive Disease
Direct Surgical Repair of Tibial-Peroneal Arterial Occlusive Disease
Direct Surgical Repair of Popliteal Artery Aneurysm
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2014
- 28th February 2014
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Surgeon-in-Chief and Chair, Roberta and Stephen R. Weiner Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Johnson and Johnson Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Chief, Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Vascular Surgery, Boston, Massachusetts
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.