- Uses a consistent format to explore each pain syndrome, progressing through diagnostic codes • signs and
- Accurately diagnose and treat uncommon pain syndromes by following a step-by-step approach that progresses from signs and symptoms through physical findings, laboratory and radiographic testing, treatment options, and clinical pearls.
- Recognize the visual manifestations of pain with help from nearly 400 vivid illustrations—more than 100 new to this edition, many in color—depicting the physical symptoms and anatomy of each pain site, and diagnostic images demonstrating key findings from MRI, CT, and conventional radiography.
- Effectively apply the latest techniques and approaches with complete updates throughout including new chapters on SUNCT Headache, Primary Thunderclap Headache, Hypnic Headache, Nummular Headache, Atypical Odontalgia, Burning Mouth Syndrome, Nervus Intermedius Neuralgia, Red Ear Syndrome, Clival Chordoma Syndrome, Glomus Tumor of the Shoulder, Osteonecrosis of the Elbow Joint, Driver’s Elbow, Boxer’s Knuckle, Trigger Wrist, Superior Cluneal Nerve Entrapment Syndrome, Clitoral Priapism, Breaststroker’s Knee, Glomus Tumor of the Knee, and Fabella Syndrome.
- Quickly and easily find the information you need thanks to highly templated chapters.
- Confidently overcome the clinical challenges you’re likely to face with well-rounded guidance from this companion volume to Dr. Waldman’s Atlas of Common Pain Syndromes, 3rd Edition.
- Access the complete text and illustrations online at expertconsult.com, fully searchable.
· Headache & Facial Pain Syndromes
1. Ice Pick Headache
2. Supraorbital Neuralgia
3. Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania
4. Charlin's Syndrome
5. Sexual Headache
6. Cough Headache
7. SUNCT Headache*
8. Primary Thunderclap Headache*
9. Hypnic Headache*
10. Nummular Headache*
11. Headache Associated With Temporal Arteritis
12. Post-Dural Puncture Headache
13. Ramsey-Hunt Syndrome
14. Eagle's Syndrome
15. Atypical Odontalgia*
16. Burning Mouth Syndrome*
17. Nervus Intermedius Neuralgia*
18. Red Ear Syndrome*
19. Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia
· Neck & Brachial Plexus Pain Syndromes
20. Clival Chordoma Syndrome*
21. Spasmotic Torticollis
22. Cervicothoracic Interspinous Bursitis
23. Scapulocostal Syndrome
24. Parsnage-Turner Syndrome
25. Hyoid Syndrome
26. Omohyoid Syndrome
27. Neck-Tongue Syndrome
· Shoulder Pain Syndromes
28. Supraspinatus Tendinitis
29. Infraspinatus Tendinitis
30. Subacromial Impingement Syndrome
31. Os Acrominale Syndrome
32. Glomus Tumor of the Shoulder*
33. Pectoralis Major Tear Syndrome
34. Suprascapular Nerve Entrapment
35. Quadrilateral Space Syndrome