This authoritative resource illustrates and discusses the pathologic, radiographic, and differential diagnostic aspects and clinicopathological correlations for a full range of neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of the bones and joints. A bulleted, outline format makes reference quick and easy, and a bonus CD-ROM—new to this edition—offers all of the book’s illustrations in electronic format.
- Uses more than 950 full-color illustrations, along with concise descriptions, to capture the radiographic, microscopic, and macroscopic features of all types of tumors and tumor-like conditions of the bones and joints.
- Offers concise summaries of diagnostic and differential diagnostic criteria pathological features radiologic features special stains and immunohistochemical techniques biological behavior and follow-up and treatment and prognosis for each lesion.
- Presents information in a bulleted outline format for fast and user-friendly reference.
SECTION 1: METABOLIC, DEVELOPMENT, AND INFLAMMATORY CONDITIONS OF BONE
3. Renal Osteodystrophy
6. Oncogenic Osteomalacia (Phosphaturic Mesenchymal Tumor)
7. Paget’s Disease
8. Camurati-Engelmann Disease (Progressive Diaphyseal Dysplasia)
9. Hypertrophic Osteoarthropathy
12. Osteogenesis Imperfecta
14. Gaucher’s Disease
16. Neuropathic Joint (Charcot's Joint)
17. Rheumatoid Arthritis
18. Ochronosis—Disorder of Tyrosine and Phenylalanine Catabolism Secondary to Homogentisic Acid and Related Compounds
20. Chondrocalcinosis (Pseudogout, Calcium Pyrophosphate Dihydrate Crystal Deposition Disease)
23. Fibrous Dysplasia
24. Osteofibrous Dysplasia
25. Ankylosing Spondylitis
26. Synovial Chondromatosis
27. Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis
28. Arthroplasty Effect
SECTION 2: BONE TUMORS AND TUMOR-LIKE CONDITIONS
Section 2A: Bone-Forming Tumors
29. Osteoid Osteoma
31. Osteosarcoma (Conventional)
32. Parosteal Osteosarcoma
33. Periosteal Osteosarcoma
34. High-Grade Surface Osteosarcoma
35. Telangiectatic Osteosarcoma
36. Low-Grade Central Osteosarcoma
37. Small Cell Osteosarcoma
Section 2B: Cartilage-Forming Tumors
41. Chondromyxoid Fibroma
42. Multiple Chondromas
43. Periosteal Chondroma
45. Chondrosarcoma Arising in Osteochondroma
46. Dedifferentiated Chondrosarcoma
47. Mesenchymal Chondrosarcoma
48. Clear Cell C
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2008
- 15th April 2008
- Hardcover ISBN:
"To turn the pages of this largely pictorial tome, is to wonder at the brilliance of the photomicrographic reproduction (many reminiscent of the designs on William Morris wallpaper), the clarity of the radiographs and the breadth of permutations of tumour-like disease. It is clear the that the work comes from a Centre of Excellence."
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, August 2009
"An exceptionally well presented concise guide. The book consists of wide range of clinical, radiological and pathologic descriptions accompanied by radiographs, photographs of gross appearances and histological pictures of various orthopaedic pathological conditions"
PathLab.org, March 2013