This outstanding new atlas makes it easy to interpret intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography findings for both healthy and diseased patients. A multidisciplinary team uses clinical case studies to explore the characteristic intraoperative TEE findings for every type of cardiac abnormality, along with correlative imaging and pathology findings. Videos on the accompanying DVD demonstrate echocardiograms, cardiac catheterizations, and surgical procedures. The result is an outstanding way make sure you are obtaining the maximum diagnostic benefit from this versatile modality.
- Covers every aspect of intraoperative TEE for the most common cardiovascular anomalies as well as for normal presentations.
- Uses a case-based approach to explore the typical clinical presentation and corresponding TEE findings for each abnormality, to parallel clinical practice.
- Provides correlative CT and MR images, X-rays, intraoperative photographs, pathological specimens, and line drawings to help you understand what is shown in each TEE image.
- Offers a unique view of TEE from cardiology, anesthesiology, pharmacology, and surgery perspectives.
- Includes a DVD with videos demonstrating echocardiograms, cardiac catheterizations, and surgical procedures.
- Coronary Artery Disease
2. Mitral Valve Disease
3. Aortic Valve Disease
4. Right-sided Valve Disease
6. Adult Congenital Heart Disease
7. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
8. Pericardial Disease
9. Pulmonary Artery Surgery
10. Aortic Disease
11. Devices and Catheters
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2007
- 22nd February 2007
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, Division of Cardio-Thoracic Anesthesia, Adjunct Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology, Professor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Director, Heart Valve Clinic, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington