Introduction: Blood Smear Preparation and Examination
Section 1: General Assessment
Section 2: Red Blood Cells
Section 3: White Blood Cells
Section 4: Platelets
Section 5: Hematopoietic Neoplasia
Section 6: Extracellular Organisms
Appendix: Reticulocyte Count
Appendix: Saline Dilution/Dispersion Test
An illustrated guide to the morphology of blood cells, Atlas of Canine and Feline Peripheral Blood Smears covers patient assessment for common hematologic disorders and diseases in dogs and cats. Over 1,000 full-color photomicrographs depict abnormalities within each blood cell line, with multiple pictures of each morphologic abnormality and variations in their appearance. Written by pathology experts Amy Valenciano, Rick Cowell, Theresa Rizzi, and Ronald Tyler, this concise reference will enhance your skills as you interpret blood smears and recognize hematological cellular response to inflammation, infection, and toxicity.
"Everything you might encounter looking at dog or cat blood smears is right there, clearly classified and noted (more than 1000 pictures!). Pitfalls and artefacts are clearly explained. The format (spiral binding) makes it the obvious accessory for your microscope. A good investment." Reviewed by: Vet's Today Date: July 2014
- Over 1,000 photomicrographs facilitate microscopic analysis and interpretation of the cellular components of the blood.
- Full-color, high-resolution images facilitate identification of different blood cell types, numbers, anomalies and conditions.
- Multiple representations of morphologic abnormalities aid in recognition of conditions where variations in appearance commonly occur.
- Practical information includes an overview of laboratory methods, equipment and supplies, sample collection, staining and handling, and diagnostic interpretation of blood smears.
- Coverage of 125 topics ranges from the morphology of erythrocytes to chronic myeloid leukemia.
- Spiral binding allows the book to lay open next to the microscope, making it a quick and easy reference while on the job.
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2014
- 29th October 2013
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Veterinary Clinical Pathologist IDEXX Reference Laboratories Dallas, Texas
Adjunct Professor, Department of Anatomy, Pathology, and Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK