Advance your surgical expertise with Atlas of Advanced Operative Surgery! This new resource picks up where other surgical references leave off, providing highly visual, step-by-step guidance on more than 100 advanced and complex procedures in both general and subspecialty areas.
- Visualize every procedure thanks to more than 1,000 illustrations, most in full color - including intraoperative photos, beautifully illustrated color drawings that highlight the relevant anatomy and techniques in specific surgeries, and radiologic images that help you identify variations in anatomy prior to surgery.
- Grasp each procedure and review key steps quickly with a consistent, highly focused, bulleted format.
- See the advantages and disadvantages of variations in technique with a Pro/Con section written by expert surgeons.
- Focus on the advanced practice skills that are of particular value to those poised to begin practice, as well as surgeons who are already in practice.
- Benefit from the masterful guidance of Dr. Vijay Khatri, a respected expert and experienced mentor of trainees, junior faculty, and community surgeons.
- Learn new procedures or refresh your memory on operative details prior to surgery with an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format: pre-operative preparation, operative technique, position, incision, main dissection, closure, alternative technical approaches (with pros/cons), and post-operative care.
- Access the complete contents of Atlas of Advanced Operative Surgery online, fully searchable, at www.expertconsult.com.
Section I Head and Neck
1 Radical Neck Dissection
2 Modified Neck Dissection
3 Superficial Parotidectomy
4 Excision of Submandibular Gland and Submandibular Triangle Dissection
Section II Thoracic
6 Resection of Pulmonary Metastases
7 Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Lobectomy
8 Thoracoscopic Lung Biopsy
9 Lung Volume Reduction Surgery
10 Chest Wall Resection/Reconstruction
Section III Esophagus
11 Radical Esophagectomy with 2/3-Field Lymphadenectomy
12 Transhiatal Esophagectomy Via Laparoscopy and Transmediastinal Endodissection
13 Laparothoracoscopic Esophagectomy
14 Esophagectomy by Thoracoscopy In Prone Position Followed By Laparoscopy and Cervicotomy
15 Esophageal Reconstruction with Colonic Interposition
16 Operative Approach to Zenker’s Diverticulum
17 Transthoracic Fundoplication: Belsey Fundoplication
18 Laparoscopic Approach for Achalasia and Epiphrenic Diverticulum
Section IV Stomach/Small Intestine
19 Total Gastrectomy with D2 Lymph Node Dissection
20 Laparoscopy-Assisted Distal Gastrectomy with Lymphadenectomy
21 Laparoscopic Vagotomy and Seromyotomy with Antrectomy
22 Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
23 Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding
24 Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve Resection With Duodenal Switch
25 Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication
26 Laparoscopic Paraesophageal Hernia Repair
Section V Pancreas
27 Pancreaticoduodenectomy With Or Without Distal Gastrectomy and Radical Lymphadenectomy
28 Pancreaticoduodenectomy With Superior Mesentericoportal Venous Resection
29 Distal Subtotal Pancreatectomy with and without Spleen Preservation
30 Total Pancreatectomy
31 Central Pancreatectomy
32 Extended Pancreatect
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 19th October 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Surgery, Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of California, Davis, Medical Center, Sacramento, CA