It’s here: the latest edition of the one text you need to master assistive strategies, make confident clinical decisions, and help improve the quality of life for people with disabilities. Based on the Human Activity Assistive Technology (HAAT) model, Assistive Technologies: Principles and Practice, 4th Edition provides detailed coverage of the broad range of devices, services, and practices that comprise assistive technology, and focuses on the relationship between the human user and the assisted activity within specific contexts. Updated and expanded, this new edition features coverage of new ethical issues, more explicit applications of the HAAT model, and a variety of global issues highlighting technology applications and service delivery in developing countries.
- Human Activity Assistive Technology (HAAT) framework demonstrates assistive technology within common, everyday contexts for more relevant application.
- Focus on clinical application guides you in applying concepts to real-world situations.
- Review questions and chapter summaries in each chapter help you assess your understanding and identify areas where more study is needed.
- Content on the impact of AT on children and the role of AT in play and education for children with disabilities demonstrates how AT can be used for early intervention and to enhance development.
- Coverage of changing AT needs throughout the lifespan emphasizes how AT fits into people’s lives and contributes to their full participation in society.
- Principles and practice of assistive technology provides the foundation for effective decision-making.
1. Introduction and Overview
2. Framework for Assistive Technologies
3. Disabled Human User of Assistive Technologies
Part 2: Service Delivery in Assistive Technologies
4. Delivering Assistive Technology Services to the Consumer
5. Funding Assistive Technology Services and Systems
Part 3: The Activities: General Purpose Assistive Technologies
6. Seating Systems as Extrinsic Enablers for Assistive Technologies
7. Human/Assistive Technology Interface
8. Sensory Aids for Persons with Visual Impairments
9. Sensory Aids for Persons with Auditory Impairments
Part 4: The Activities: Performance Areas
10. Assistive Technologies for Cognitive Augmentation
11. Augmentative and Alternative Communication Systems
12. Technologies That Enable Mobility
13. Technologies That Aid Transportation
14. Technologies That Aid Manipulation and Control of the Environment
Part 5: Contexts for Assistive Technology Applications
15. Assistive Technologies in the Context of the Classroom
16. Assistive Technologies in the Context of Work
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2015
- 18th December 2014
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: