Assisted Ventilation of the Neonate, 5th Edition, by Drs. Jay P. Goldsmith and Edward Karotkin, guides you through the latest innovations in ventilatory assistance, helping you improve outcomes and quality of life in newborns. With a new emphasis on prevention of chronic lung disease and long term neurologic damage, this edition covers basic concepts of pulmonary pathophysiology and offers practical guidance on both basic and advanced ventilation management strategies. Quality improvement strategies such as non-invasive ventilation, early extubation, oxygen targeting and prevention of intraventricular hemorrhage are reviewed. You’ll also have easy access to the complete contents and illustrations online at expertconsult.com.
- Access expert coverage of all aspects of neonatal pulmonary care—including complications, nutrition, transport, outcomes, follow-up, and parental education.
- Sharpen your diagnostic and clinical skills with case studies drawn from actual patients.
- Find key facts fast with more than 30 quick-reference appendices: normal values, assessment charts, ICU flow charts, procedure steps, and other useful tools.
- Learn how to best use assisted ventilation equipment and pharmacologic agents to prevent long-term pulmonary and neurologic damage.
- Benefit from Drs. Goldsmith and Karotkin’s widely acknowledged expertise in neonatology and pulmonology.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 28th September 2010
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana
Professor of Pediatrics, Neonatal/Perinatal Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia