- Multidisciplinary framework that integrates managerial, sociological, and economic perspectives on business groups and permits analysis of both their positive and negative aspects
- Comprehensive survey of empirical findings on the financial and market performance
- Sensitivity to the changing historical context and major events that have shaped business group development and dynamics
Table of Contents
- The bright and dark sides of Asian business groups; Prototypes: Colonial business groups in Asia before 1945; Continuity and change in Japan’s business groups; State-constructed business groups: the Korean chaebol; Searching for business groups in Taiwan; Business groups in mainland China; Hong Kong based business groups; Business groups in India; Ethnic Chinese business groups in Southeast Asia: Social capital and institutional persistence; The development of Asia’s business groups.
- No. of pages: 340
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2008
- Published: June 30, 2008
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781843342441
- eBook ISBN: 9781780632391
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Asian Business Groups"