Ideal for plastic surgeons, ophthalmologists (oculoplastic), facial plastic and cosmetic dermatologic surgeons, Dr. Chen's Asian Blepharoplasty and the Eyelid Crease was designed to help you master the latest techniques used in this highly popular surgery. Comprehensively updated, this multimedia resource features the addition of eight new chapters covering today's most advanced concepts; 30 video cases with author narration; and enhanced full-color artworks. You'll have access to all the core knowledge necessary in offering spectacular results for those patients undergoing this complex and intricate procedure.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of anatomy, surgical approaches, and revision surgery from complications.
- Over 450 illustrations deliver step-by-step visual guidance.
- Extensive collection of case studies with before and after patient photos.
- Appendix tables and comprehensive references provide quick access to key information.
- Pearls and pitfalls throughout highlight the most important aspects of each chapter.
1. What is an Upper Lid Crease?
2. Historical Considerations
3. Anatomy of the Upper Lid
4. The Eyelid Crease: Goals and Benchmarks
5. Consultation and Counselling
6. Suture Ligation Method
7. External Incision Methods
8. Asian Blepharoplasty I (The First Vector)
9. Asian Blepharoplasty II (The Second Vector)
10. Asian Blepharoplasty III (Factors that influence Outcome)
11. Concept of Triangular, Trapezoidal and Rectangular Debulking---Application in Upper Blepharoplasty
12. Optimal Closure and Management of Wound Healing
13. Primary Asian Blepharoplasty Results (Before and After)
14. Suboptimal Factors
15. Revision Parameters
16. Revisions in Suboptimal Cases
17. Advanced Concept of a Glide Zone as it relates to Upper Lid Crease, Lid Fold, and Application in Asian Blepharoplasty
18. Advanced: Beveled Approach and Mid-Lamellar Clearance in Revisional Asian Blepharoplasty
19. Advanced: Angle of Observation, Crease Height, and its effects on Clinical Outcome of Upper Blepharoplasty
20. Advanced: Tarsal Tilt and its effects in Normal and Abnormal Clinical Conditions
21. The Effect of High Anchoring of Crease, Faden Effect, and use of buried sutures
22. Advanced: Summary of Eyelid Crease Factors
23. Advanced Concept of the Eyelid Crease as a stringed series of unipoints
24. Asian Eyelid Surgery: Thoughts
25. Treatment of Medial Upper Lid Fold and the fog surrounding epicanthoplasty
26. Novel technique, Challenges and Outlook for the future in Aesthetic Surgery of the Asian eye
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2016
- 28th October 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California Los Angeles, School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA; Senior Attending Surgeon, Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Service, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California, USA; Private Practice, Long Beach and Newport Beach, California, USA