Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Asian Atmospheric Pollution provides a concise yet comprehensive treatment of all aspects of pollution and air quality monitoring, across all of Asia. It focuses on key regions of the world and details a variety of sources, their transport mechanism, long term variability and impacts on climate at local and regional scales. It also discusses the feedback on pollutants, on different meteorological parameters like radiative forcing, fog formations, precipitation, cloud characteristics and more. Drawing upon the expertise of multiple well-known authors from different countries to underline some of these key issues, it includes sections dedicated to treatment of pollutant sources, studying of pollutants and trace gases using satellite/station based observations and models, transport mechanisms, seasonal and inter-annual variability and impact on climate, health and biosphere in general.
Asian Atmospheric Pollution is a useful resource for scientists and students to understand the sources and dynamics of atmospheric pollution as well as their transport from one continent to other continents, helping the atmospheric modelling community to model different scenarios of the pollution, gauge its short term and long term impacts across regional to global scales and better understand the ramifications of episodic events.
- Covers all of Asia in detail in terms of pollution
- Focuses not only on local pollution, but on long-term transport of these pollutants and their impacts on other regions as well as the globe
- Includes discussion of both particulate matter and greenhouse gases
- Serves as a single resource on Asian air pollution and Impacts from the most current research across the globe including the US, Asia, Africa and Europe
Scientists, students and professionals in Atmospheric Science, Remote Sensing, Climate and Environmental Science
- An Overview of Atmospheric Pollution in Asian countries
2. Sources of Pollutants
3. Long range Transport and Sources
4. Monitoring of Pollution
5. Seasonal Characteristics of Pollution
6. Spatio- and Temporal Variability
7. Status of Ozone over Asia
8. Atmospheric Pollution: Impact on the Environment
9. Atmospheric Pollution: Societal Impacts
10. Impact on Long Term Climate
11. Future Trends in Pollution Monitoring
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 1st October 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Ramesh Singh, MS, IEng, MWeldI, is registered as Incorporated Engineer with British Engineering Council UK and a Member of The Welding Institute, UK. He worked as engineer for various operating and EPC organizations in Middle East, Canada and US. Most recently, he worked for 10 years with Gulf Interstate Engineering, Houston, TX. He is now consulting in the fields of pipeline integrity and related materials and corrosion topics. Ramesh is a graduate from Indian Air Force Technical Academy, with diplomas in Structural Fabrication Engineering and Welding Technology. He has been member and officer of the Canadian Standard Association and NACE and serves on several technical committees. He has worked in industries spanning over aeronautical, alloy steel castings, fabrication, machining, welding engineering, petrochemical, and oil and gas. He has written several technical papers and published articles in leading industry magazines, addressing the practical aspects of welding, construction and corrosion issues relating to structures, equipment and pipelines.
Senior Principal Engineer (Materials, Welding and Corrosion) for Gulf Interstate Engineering and Consultant, Management of Welding, Materials, and Corrosion, Nadoi Management, Inc.