The book explores the disciplines of art therapy, music therapy, dramatherapy and dance movement therapy. It is the first book to offer a comprehensive mapping of the field of arts therapies including common and unique features of practice. It incorporates both qualitative and quantitative results presented in tables, diagrams and clinical vignettes.
- Written in a style which is relevant to readers from a variety of backgrounds
- Illustrated with clinical vignettes and practical examples to show how the therapies work in practice
- Tables and diagrams are used to present some simple descriptive statistics about the field
- Offers research-based descriptions of theory and practice that will be relevant to health professionals, academics and researchers interested in solid evidence about the character of arts therapies
- Addresses the needs of those studying for general courses in the practice of arts therapies and suitable as an introductory textbook for the specialists courses in specific therapies
Section 1 – Arts Therapies (AsTs) as One Field
1. Professional Development of Arts Therapies
2. Defining Arts Therapies
3. Important Features of Arts Therapies
4. Therapeutic Trends Across Arts Therapies
Section 2 – Arts Therapies as Separate Disciplines
5. Music Therapy (MT)
6. Art Therapy (AT)
7. Dramatherapy (DT)
8. Dance Movement Therapy
Appendix I Research Methodology
Appendix II Training Courses
Appendix III Useful Addresses
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2006
- 6th December 2005
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Researcher and Lecturer in Research Methods, Faculty of health and human sciences, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK
Lecturer, School of Education, University of Manchester.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.