Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Artificial Intelligence in Precision Health: From Concept to Applications provides a readily available resource to understand artificial intelligence and its real time applications in precision medicine in practice. Written by experts from different countries and with diverse background, the content encompasses accessible knowledge easily understandable for non-specialists in computer sciences. The book discusses topics such as cognitive computing and emotional intelligence, big data analysis, clinical decision support systems, deep learning, personal omics, digital health, predictive models, prediction of epidemics, drug discovery, precision nutrition and fitness. Additionally, there is a section dedicated to discuss and analyze AI products related to precision healthcare already available.
This book is a valuable source for clinicians, healthcare workers, and researchers from diverse areas of biomedical field who may or may not have computational background and want to learn more about the innovative field of artificial intelligence for precision health.
- Provides computational approaches used in artificial intelligence easily understandable for non-computer specialists
- Gives know-how and real successful cases of artificial intelligence approaches in predictive models, modeling disease physiology, and public health surveillance
- Discusses the applicability of AI on multiple areas, such as drug discovery, clinical trials, radiology, surgery, patient care and clinical decision support
Bioinformaticians; clinicians; geneticists; molecular biologists
Section 1: Artificial Intelligence Technologies
1. Interpretable Artificial Intelligence: Addressing the Adoption Gap in Medicine
2. Artificial Intelligence methods in computer-aided diagnostic tools and decision support analytics for clinical informatics
Khajamoinuddin Syed, William C. Sleeman IV, Joseph J. Nalluri, Michael Hagan, Jatinder Palta, Rishabh Kapoor, and Preetam Ghosh
3. Deep learning in Precision Medicine
Amin Zadeh Shirazi, Eric Fornaciari, and Guillermo A. Gomez
4. Machine learning systems and precision medicine: a conceptual and experimental approach to single individual statistics
5. Machine learning in digital health, recent trends and on-going challenges
6. Data Mining to Transform Clinical and Translational Research Findings into Precision Health
Estela S. Estape
Section II: Applications and Precision Systems/Application of Artificial Intelligence
7. Predictive Models in Precision Medicine
Göksu Bozdereli Berikol, Gürkan Berikol
8. Deep Neural Networks for Phenotype Prediction: Application to rare diseases
9. Artificial Intelligence in the management of patients with intracranial neoplasms
Marco Mammi and Omar Arnaout
10. Artificial Intelligence to aid the early detection of Mental Illness
Nicholas Cummins, Bjoern Schuller and Faith Matcham
11. Use of Artificial Intelligence in Alzheimer Disease Detection
Abdulhamit Subasi Sr.
12. Artificial Intelligence to predict atheroma plaque vulnerability
13. Decision support systems in cardiovascular medicine through artificial intelligence: applications in the diagnosis of infarction and prognosis of heart failure
John Jaime Sprockel
14. Artificial Intelligence for Decision Support Systems in Diabetes
Josep Vehi and Ivan Contreras
15. Clinical decision support systems to improve the diagnosis and management of respiratory diseases
Pedro Lopes de Melo
16. Use of Artificial Intelligence in Neurosurgery and Otorhinolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery)
Göksu Bozdereli Berikol, Gürkan Berikol, Durhasan Bozdereli
17. Use of Artificial Intelligence in Emergency Medicine
Göksu Bozdereli Berikol, Gürkan Berikol
18. Use of Artificial Intelligence in Infectious diseases
19. Artificial Intelligence techniques applied to patient care and monitoring
Francisco Eduardo Martínez-Pérez Sr.
20. Use of artificial intelligence in precision nutrition and fitness
Maria Helena Baena de Moraes Lopes
Section III: Precision Systems
21. Artificial Intelligence in Precision health: Systems in practice
Saul Oswaldo Lugo Reyes
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 15th February 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
M.Sc. (Applied Genetics), M.Tech. (Biotechnology), M.Phil. (Biotechnology), Ph.D. (Biotechnology), Ph.D. (Bioinformatics), Post-Doc (Bioinformatics), PGDM, is honorary Principal Scientist at Institute of Integrative Omics and Applied Biotechnology (IIOAB), India- a virtual global platform of multidicipliary research and advocacy. He is blended with both academic and industrial research and has more than 12 yrs bioinformatics and personalized diagnostic/ medicine Industry experience where his main focus is to translate academic research into high value commercial products for common mans’ reach. He has published more than 150 articles in reputed international journals and has edited 15 cutting-edge omics related reference books published by Taylor& Francis, Springer, Elsevier etc. He has also co-authored 30+ book chapters. Dr. Barh also frequently reviewes articles for Nature publications, Elsevier, BMC Series, PLoS One etc like international Journals. Due to his significant contribution in the field; he has been recognized by Who's Who in the World and Limca Book of Records.
Centre for Genomics and Applied Gene Technology, Institute of Integrative Omics and Applied Biotechnology, Nonakuri, Purba Medinipur, India